USATF COACHING EDUCATION
2019 CALENDAR OF SCHOOLS
- July 19-21 — Nassau Community College – Garden City, NY
- July 19-21 — Johns Hopkins University – Baltimore, MD
- July 19-21 — University of Kansas – Lawrence, KS
- August 2-4 — Yale University – New Haven, CT
- Sept. 27-29 — Community College of Philadelphia – Philadelphia, PA
- Oct. 5-6 — Pueblo High School – Tucson, AZ
- Nov 1-3 — Marian University – Indianapolis, IN
- Nov 15-17 — Life University – Marietta, GA
- Nov 16-17 — Allen High School – Allen, TX
- Nov 23-24 — Virginia Wesleyan University – Virginia Beach, VA
- Dec 6-8 — St. John’s School – Houston, TX
- Dec 7-8 — Tennessee State University – Nashville, TN
- Dec 13-15 — Westerville South High School – Westerville, OH
- Dec 13-15 — University of South Carolina – Columbia, SC
- Dec 14-15 — Pine Crest School – Ft. Lauderdale, FL
- Dec 14-15 — St. John’s University – Queens, NY
- Dec 21-22 — Cerritos College – Norwalk, CA
- Aug 5-8 — Chula Vista Elite Athlete Training Center, Chula Vista, CA. For Sprints/Hurdles, Endurance, Throws and Jumps
EXPANDED CRITERIA ANNOUNCED FOR THE USATF COACHES REGISTRY EDUCATION STANDARD
Effective with the 2019 USATF U20 Championships, additional qualifying options were adopted for meeting the Education Standard. The new options now accepted are as follows:
a. IAAF Level I, II, III, IV or V certificate
b. Primary coach of record of a top eight placer at the Olympics, Youth Olympic Games or an IAAF World Athletic Series competition, that includes:
i. IAAF World Indoor and Outdoor Championships
ii. IAAF U18 Championships
iii. IAAF U20 Championships
iv. IAAF Continental Cup
v. IAAF World Cross Country Championships
vi. IAAF World Race Walking Team Championships
vii. IAAF World Half Marathon Championships
viii. IAAF World Relays
c. Primary coach of record of a top three placer at the USATF Indoor, Outdoor, U20 (Junior) Championships or Pan American Games
d. Primary coach of record of a top three placer at NCAA, NJCAA or NAIA Championships for cross country, indoor or outdoor track
f. Hall of Fame Coach for USATF, USTFCCCA, National Scholastic Track Coaches Association, or NFHS
i. Employment as a track coach at a scholastic, collegiate institution or USATF registered/approved club for a 10-year period verified by employer human resources department
The full list of accepted courses of education or career achievements are outlined at the link below.
If you have completed a qualifying option, proceed to submit an online application for verification. Coaching certifications and career achievements will not automatically import to the published Education Standard List without first submitting a completed application and appropriate documentation.
THE USATF CAMPUS SUMMER SALE IS BACK!
For a limited time, choose from two offers exclusive to online USATF Coaching Education courses:
- 20% off select courses, including the NEW Plyometric Training (Reactive Strength) series courses
- Introducing the three-part Skill Acquisition series courses now available for $195 ($30 savings)
- Extend Level 1 certification to 2024 with completion of any course on USATF Campus*
- Accepted for the Education Standard of the USATF Coaches Registry**
- Earn professional development credit and CEU’s from Indiana University
- Prepare for entry into the USATF Level 2 Program with instruction from, Dr. Christine Brooks
- Unlimited access to the course, along with a certificate of completion
*Current certified Level 1 coach defined as certification obtained after January 1, 2013.
**Must be completed in conjunction with the NFHS Coaching Track and Field course.
Offer valid for 20% off select courses on USATF Campus. Must be redeemed by August 31, 2019.
ENTER COUPON CODE COOLOFF20 IN THE CHECK OUT TO REDEEM.
Exclusions: 20% off not valid on Basic Principles of Endurance Training or the Skill Acquisition series. USATF Professional Pathway (Level 1, 2, 3) courses and special programs excluded from offer.
Learn more at COURSES.USATF.ORG
DON’T LET SUMMER PASS BY WITHOUT EARNING LEVEL 2 CERTIFICATION
Applications for the next USATF Level 2 School are now open. The four-day program returns to the West Coast, August 5-8 on the Chula Vista Elite Athlete Training Center campus. Coaches possessing a current USATF Level 1 and a minimum of three years of track & field, cross country, run club or personal coaching experience can choose from one of four broad event disciplines (Sprints/Hurdles/Relays, Endurance, Jumps, or Throws) to study in-depth throughout the week. Combining applied sports science, instruction from some of the nation’s top coaches, practicum on the track and a comprehensive event manual dedicated to the entire event discipline, the course is designed to provide a coach the knowledge to greater implement individualized training programs and ability to better evaluate performance and provide cues to improve athlete performance. The course is a must for any coach looking to elevate their knowledge or professional rank.
Applications for the Chula Vista Level 2 offering will be accepted through July 19 or until capacity is reached in the event discipline.
Learn more about the USATF Level 2 School and this offering at USATF.ORG/LEVEL2
USATF COACHING ENHANCEMENT GRANTS DEADLINES APPROACHING
Emerging Female Grant
The Emerging Female Grant is provided by USA Track & Field, and provides a select number of minority, women track and field coaches the opportunity to attend USATF Coaching Education courses during the 2019 calendar year. Limited funds remain for 2019 Level 1 School Grants ($500 value) and all Level 2 Emerging Female Grants have been awarded.
- Be a current member of the USATF Coaches Registry
- Provide a resume of coaching background/experience
- Provide a letter of recommendation or three references
Master Coach Fall Mentorship
Location: Chula Vista Olympic Training Center or a designated High-Performance Training Center where a Master coach is in residence.
Date: Fall Training season, October – December 2019
Application Deadline: July 31, 2019
Four (4) emerging elite coaches will be awarded up to $800 towards expenses to visit on location a Master Coach to observe for 3 days of “on the field” routine as Fall training begins for the elite athlete. Locations to be selected: Chula Vista OTC; Los Angeles, California, Bradenton, Florida, Manhattan, Kansas, Eugene, Oregon. Applicants can request a Master Coach who must be approved by the Chair of the Coaches Advisory Committee.
- Member of the USATF Coaches Registry
- Level 2 Coaching Education Certificate in event being requested
- Current high school, college, or professional elite coach
- Application to include a brief statement of how you can use the information
- Complete coaching resume submitted at time of application