The first IAAF World Championships to be held in the USA—at the new Hayward Field stadium on the University of Oregon campus. This is a biennial summit meeting for all the world’s best, with amazing performances and thrilling competition. Track & Field News has led tours to every World Championships since the inaugural edition in 1983 (Helsinki), taking more than 4300 fans to these events. Eugene 22 will be our 17th Worlds tour.
The Track & Field News tour to Eugene 22 expects to include the following:
- Lodging, 11 nights, In July 14, Out July 25 (Busing from the Village Green)
- Tickets to all evening sessions of the Worlds, July 15-24
- Option to purchase tickets to the six morning sessions
- Daily continental breakfast at each lodging
- Gala luncheon, with invited athletes and coaches
- Daily newsletter, prepared by the T&FN editorial department
- Goodies—tote bag, etc.
- Optional day trips: winery tour, coast tour
Lodging. Village Green Resort and Gardens in the nearby town of Cottage Grove about 20 miles from Eugene. There is a variety of accommodation available at the Village Green, from standard to deluxe. Busing to the stadium will be provided for those staying at the Village Green; The Campus Inn & Suites at E. Broadway in Eugene. Half-hour walk to the stadium; Courtesy Inn Eugene Downtown is 15-minute walk to the main EmX station on Willamette. It will take you to Agate Street. 40 minutes walk to the stadium.
Projected Tour Price. Under normal circumstances, track tours to Eugene are pretty reasonable in cost, but this is not a normal circumstance. Hoteliers in or near Eugene are well aware of the huge demand and are pricing their rooms accordingly. We are projecting a basic tour price of $5300-5700 per person, double occupancy.
Tour currently SOLD OUT. A WAITING LIST HAS BEEN ESTABLISHED. $150 per person (refundable) to get on the wait list.