These Trials, postponed from 2020, will select the U.S. team for the Tokyo Olympics. It’s an event most fans regard as the best and most exciting track meet other than the Olympics and World Championships. Eugene’s Hayward Field hosted the last three Trials, and they were all great, but this time it will be in the new, state-of-the-art stadium where those old cramped wooden bench-type seats will be replaced by individual comfortable seats, with legroom! And no posts to block the view. Our seats are in Sections 207 and 208, on the backstretch, opposite the finish line.
Most of the team is determined by athletes finishing first, second, or third in their event at the Trials. So, the drama is palpable, the joy and disappointment intense in each event, and the performances superb.
The T&FN tour package includes:
- 11 nights lodging at the Campus Inn & Suites on East Broadway, or elsewhere.
- Prime tickets to all sessions of the Olympic Trials
- Complimentary continental breakfast daily
- Gala dinner party with invited athletes, coaches
- Daily newsletter prepared by the T&FN editorial staff
- Free copy of the Eugene Register-Guard daily
- Goodies and important information materials
- The leadership of the world’s most experienced and successful track tour organization
The Meet Schedule: The meet timetable involves four days on, two days off, four days on, as with other previous Trials in Eugene. There will be competition on June 18, 19, 20, and 21. June 22 and 23 will be days off (with the T&FN gala party the evening of June 22 and all hammer throw competition on June 23). Then June 24, 25, 26 and 27 will conclude the competition.
On June 22, T&FN will offer optional trips to the coast or to local wineries. Group dune buggies on the coast are lots of fun!
The Tour Price and Deposit Requirement: Everything is more costly now—the hotel tax, the hotel room rates, and the meet tickets. So we are projecting a tour price at $3,050 per person, double occupancy. Single supplement adds $985. The current deposit required is $1750 per person.
Cancellation Fee: If you should have to cancel your tour, there is a $150 per person cancellation fee, plus any funds forwarded on your behalf which are not retrievable by T&FN.