Budapest, Hungary, is the host city of the 2023 World Championships. A city on the Danube of endless fascination and Old (and New) World charm, Budapest welcomes us to the 19th World Championships. The dates have recently changed to August 19-27, 2023. We’ll be there with a sizable tour group of fans, and we invite you to join us. We’ll spend our evenings enjoying the competition at a beautiful new stadium (National Athletics Centre) currently under construction on the banks of the Danube in the southern part of the city. It’s about 2.5 miles from city center and each of our hotels. For transit to the stadium we’ll be using the city’s picturesque yellow trams. In our free time sightseeing opportunities abound, including the fabulous Buda Castle & Castle Hill—a UNESCO World Heritage Site, the iconic Hungarian Parliament building, St. Stephen’s Bascilica, Fisherman’s Bastion, Gellert Hill, the Central Market Hall, St. Mattias Church, Heroes’ Square and the Millennium Monument and more.
The Track & Field News tour will include:
- 11 nights accommodation. Arrive August 17. Depart August 28.
- Prime tickets to all sessions of the World Championships
- Daily Breakfast
- Welcome party
- City Sightseeing tour
- Gala luncheon party with invited athletes
- Goodies such as tote bag, polo shirt, ticketholder, etc.
- Daily newsletter prepared by the T&FN editorial staff
- Airport transfers
- Transit passes valid for trams, metro and suburban railway
- The management and direction of the world’s most experienced and successful track & field tour organization
Air to/from Budapest is not included in the tour package. Tour members obtain their own air and provide T&FN with their itineraries so we can arrange your transportation to and from the hotel.
Hotels: We have contracted with two excellent 4-star hotels — Mercure City Center Hotel and Courtyard by Marriott Budapest City Center. Both are centrally located with easy access to transportation for commuting to and from the stadium and getting around the city.
The Tour Price: We won’t know the final tour price until ticket pricing is set. We’re expecting tickets for Budapest to be more affordable than in Eugene this summer and at this point, we’re projecting tour pricing as follows:
- Courtyard by Marriott (waitlist)—double occupancy $3,675; single occupancy $4,675
- Mercure City Center—double occupancy $4,295; single occupancy $5,195
Current Deposit: $2200 deposit per person. As of January 1, 2023 the cancellation fee becomes $150, plus any funds forwarded on your behalf which are not retrievable by T&FN in the event we cannot find a replacement for you. To join us for Budapest 2023, send your check or credit card information to Track & Field News Tours, 2570 W. El Camino Real, Suite 220, Mountain View, CA 94040 or call 650/948-8188 to sign up or for more information.
“We are close to sold out. Call or email us for availability”. We can establish a waiting list. $100 deposit.