Track & Field News is the most experienced and most successful track & field tour operation in the world. The 2020 Tokyo Olympics will be our 18th Summer Olympic Games tour (we have taken track fans to every Olympics since Helsinki 1952, including to the U.S.– boycotted Games in Moscow in 1980). Like most of our previous Olympic tours, TAFNOT (Track & Field News Olympic Tours) 2020 will include the following in your tour package:
- Hotel lodging for 12 or 18 nights (track & field period or entire Games)
- Tickets to evening track & field (Athletics). We are a track & field tour. All 9 sessions.
- Option to purchase morning track tickets and other Olympic sports, as available
- Daily breakfast
- Gala luncheon with invited athletes, coaches
- Welcome function
- Daily newsletter during track prepared by the T&FN editorial staff
- Airport transfers (to/from your hotel)
- Subway passes (the fastest and most convenient access to the stadium)
- Optional extension trips before/after the Games elsewhere in Japan and Asia.
- Tokyo city sightseeing tour
- Optional day trips
- Tour accessories, goodies and essential information to enhance your appreciation of the Games
- Accessible leadership from experienced and knowledgeable tour guides and managers
Air travel to Japan is not included. Tour members arrange their own air and provide TAFNOT with their itineraries so that airport transfers can be arranged for you.
The dates: 12 night tour: Arrive July 29, 2020; Depart August 10 (track & field period only). 18 night tour: Arrive July 23, Depart August 10 (entire Games).
The tour price: The Olympics are an expensive proposition, and getting more expensive with each Games. The package price for a 12-night tour, double occupancy, for Rio 2016 averaged $11,500 per person (again, air not included). We thought we’d be able to structure a tour price a thousand dollars or more below that for Tokyo, but once the ticket prices were announced, we had to abandon that thinking. At this time we are projecting a basic tour price at our most expensive hotel of $10,950 per person, double occupancy, 12 nights. We have lesser-priced options at two other hotels, at which you can save $1100 at one hotel, $2000 at another, if you can accept greater travel time to the stadium.
To join: The current deposit requirement is $5,600 per person (paying well in advance for tickets and housing is the norm for the Olympics). Additional deposits will be called for from time to time, so that your tour package will be 90% or so paid for by the end of 2019. At this point, the cancellation fee is $150 per person. By January 1, 2020, the fee increases to $250 per person plus any funds forwarded on your behalf for tickets, housing, etc., which are not retrievable by T&FN. Trip insurance is recommended.
TRACK & FIELD NEWS TOURS
2570 W. EL CAMINO REAL, SUITE 220
MOUNTAIN VIEW, CA 94040