Facts, Not Fiction

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
  1. Collapse Details

???? ???? in Ronald MacDonald's Home Town, and once a Duck always a Duck.

2. Collapse Details

Actually DOD was Thursday, 12 December - per New Zealand Olympic and athletics historian Ron Palenski. Snell went to take a nap shortly after lunch and never woke up.

3. Collapse Details

Obituary note said he passed out while driving one month ago and struck several vehicles. No mention of hospitalization for work up or CT/MRI for head injury ( subdural hematoma). Sounds like a cardiac problem which he had for several years. ?Maybe having intermittent arrhythmia problems. More should come soon that will be more definitive. Peaceful way to pass on except for his family.

4. Collapse Details

Peter Snell's passing is getting quite a bit of coverage in general media in New Zealand. He's appropriately being recognised here as a New Zealand sporting great. The fact that he reinvented himself and became a respected academic speaks volumes as well. RIP

5. Collapse Details

Quote Originally Posted by midwestfan View Post
    Obituary note said he passed out while driving one month ago and struck several vehicles. No mention of hospitalization for work up or CT/MRI for head injury ( subdural hematoma). Sounds like a cardiac problem which he had for several years. ?Maybe having intermittent arrhythmia problems. More should come soon that will be more definitive. Peaceful way to pass on except for his family.
    I think it was worked up and was an arrhythmia which he already knew about and for which he was on long-time medication. Something I read attributed the problem when he passed out in the car to his electrolyte (probably potassium) levels, which triggered the arrhythmia while driving

6. Collapse Details

from an IP that never sent jazz that PM, never !
    One of the greatest athletes this sport has ever produced. I miss him already. He was also the ultimate gentleman and sportsman. He moves on to the ages, leaving a legacy and wake that can never be forgotten. May his family know that he is adored and respected, admired and loved by millions of track fans who can't forget him.

7. Collapse Details

from an IP that never sent jazz that PM, never !
    Honestly, it wasn't until David Rudisha that I thought there was a man that could have (maybe) beaten Snell at 800m.
    Last edited by user4; 12-16-2019 at 02:45 PM.

8. Collapse Details

Quote Originally Posted by bambam1729 View Post
    Snell won the Superstars in the US, which he credited for helping pay for his graduate education, per Wikipedia
    I remember watching that Superstars competition on T.V. He was winning until he was wiped out in a bike collision. I think he finished fourth overall (Just looked up on-line to confirm that he didn't win). No one has yet mentioned what a fabulous tennis player he was.

9. Collapse Details

Quote Originally Posted by KDFINE View Post
    I remember watching that Superstars competition on T.V. He was winning until he was wiped out in a bike collision. I think he finished fourth overall (Just looked up on-line to confirm that he didn't win). No one has yet mentioned what a fabulous tennis player he was.
    Yes, he was something like a quarter-finalist in NZL Junior Championships before he took up running seriously

10. Collapse Details

Administrator
    doesn't appear to be accessible here