Facts, Not Fiction

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1. Collapse Details
    Indoor 2020 speculation / curiosities
    This probably won’t be the best of indoor seasons with a lot of athletes focused on the Olympics. The most interesting competitions will be NCAA related.

That said, who or what are people people most excited about?

In the US, Reno is probably the first big deal even though it is PV only. It will be interesting to see if Mondo or Kendricks shows up or will they be too focused on the Olympics.

How about the shot putters?

I’d love to see the sprinters show up indoors but I’m not counting on them showing up before May.

2. Collapse Details

Quote Originally Posted by Dave View Post
    This probably won’t be the best of indoor seasons with a lot of athletes focused on the Olympics. The most interesting competitions will be NCAA related.
    I dunno... the World Indoors might be kind of interesting, too

3. Collapse Details

Whoops. I forgot that the indoor meet happens in even years.

4. Collapse Details

Administrator
    Quote Originally Posted by Dave View Post
    T....

In the US, Reno is probably the first big deal even though it is PV only. It will be interesting to see if Mondo or Kendricks shows up or will they be too focused on the Olympics.....
    Kendricks hasn't vaulted in Reno since '16.... I do seem to recall taht he made at least a token appearance at some of the 3 missing years.

5. Collapse Details

Follow all this weekend's season-opening collegiate action here:

http://www.ustfccca.org/meets-results

Texas A&M
    Notre Dame
    Kansas
    Air Force

all hosting good meets, plus lots more.
    Last edited by Atticus; 12-02-2019 at 09:53 PM.

6. Collapse Details

I believe they're lining up some good distance field at Boston U. on Saturday.

7. Collapse Details

I'll likely be attending world indoors again this year so very excited for it. I've loved every major meet I've gone to in China, and hoping this meet turns out much better than 2018 indoors with the insane DQ's.

8. Collapse Details

Kovacs and Crouser are throwing at Millrose, could the WIR be in danger? Walsh always does WIC so I think that record should really go, being in the 22.60m range...

9. Collapse Details

Quote Originally Posted by Sasuke View Post
    Kovacs and Crouser are throwing at Millrose, could the WIR be in danger? Walsh always does WIC so I think that record should really go, being in the 22.60m range...
    It would seem odd for athletes of that caliber to be in peak throwing shape in February in an Olympic year. Especially with the very late end to this years season.

While I hope I'm wrong, I would be very surprised to see any really special performances this indoor season from anyone who was competing at a high level in Doha.

10. Collapse Details

Quote Originally Posted by highjumpfan View Post
    It would seem odd for athletes of that caliber to be in peak throwing shape in February in an Olympic year. Especially with the very late end to this years season.

While I hope I'm wrong, I would be very surprised to see any really special performances this indoor season from anyone who was competing at a high level in Doha.
    Can throwers have multiple peaks in a year? I understand that runners, in some cases, are able to manage that.