Facts, Not Fiction

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
  1. Collapse Details

Quote Originally Posted by DrJay View Post
    Also note that his 3:56.4 in Goteburg in 1975 came in Walker's mile WR race, with Ken Hall 2nd in 3:55.2 and Crouch 3rd.
    If you like tenous relationships, Ken Hall is the cousin of Linden Hall's grandfather. Linden, former FSU runner, is the Australian women's 1500 and mile record holder with 4:00.86 (Eugene 2018) and 4:21.40 (London 2018).

2. Collapse Details

A more personal take by the great Australian athletics writer, Len Johnson. Story

Conicidentally, Len ran against Ken Hall, but I'm not sure if he ever ran against Crouch. I'm sure AS will know details of every Victorian distance race ever run.

Strangely, not even a mention on AA website or twatter.

3. Collapse Details

One thing I remember about Crouch is that before the 1977 PCG he was quoted as saying something like the Games 'would be the most important race of his career'. I guess he was talking about a home victory - he was favourite - giving him some golden publicity.

Unfortunately in a slowly run race he hit a 'wall of wind' leading into the straight and was caught and beaten by an 'unknown' Japanese runner.

If anyone's interested he was 1.76m tall with racing weight of 58kg.
    Last edited by Vault-emort; 12-06-2019 at 08:37 AM.