Facts, Not Fiction

Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
  1. Collapse Details

Administrator
    Quote Originally Posted by beebee View Post
    This dirty f-ing nation has done so much damage to sports...

I wonder how many russian "legends" are complete frauds?
    do you ever stop to wonder how many are from other countries, including your own?

2. Collapse Details

Quote Originally Posted by gh View Post
    do you ever stop to wonder how many are from other countries, including your own?
    Sadly, I am sure there are more than a few from most countries.

3. Collapse Details

Quote Originally Posted by gh View Post
    I honestly believe that if all doping was eliminated the US would still be a track and field power....history is on my side.

Happy Thanksgiving to you, your loved ones and all of the great people responsible for T&FN

4. Collapse Details

5. Collapse Details

Administrator
    Lasitskene takes a shot at USADA head, tells him to "watch his language": link on home page

6. Collapse Details

another front page story about Russian official saying no ANA athletes from Russia in Tokyo...hot damn!

7. Collapse Details

I have no idea whether Lasitskene is clean now or not. I do know that on the one hand I feel some sympathy for her, as she was born into a system she had no control over. But on the other hand I also know that the Russia of today is not quite the same as the USSR, and that the ANA process is still totally flawed, as we saw with Klishina and now Lysenko. It means you just cannot help being suspicious of every ANA athlete, although I am sure there are some who's form has dramatically dropped and who just may be clean now e.g. 400m runner Kseniya Aksyonova.

But as a fan I also understand Lasitskene's outburst. The US has had huge problems itself over the years, in particular with many (gold medal winning) sprinters, so they really should get their own house in order before they preach about Russia. And then of course we are in a situation right now where Kenyan Athletics is riddled with doping, and what is being done is just not good enough. (see that a 17 yr old girl has recently failed and been banned, but what of her coach or her manager, her support network who have got away with it?) Go back to 08 when Jamaica emerged again as a great sprinting nation, when it seemed every Jamaican sprinter could run a 9.7 or a 10.7, and even the corrupt Diack made a public statement criticizing the lack of Jamaican testing and yet absolutely nothing was done about it. Don't think that we didn't see Jamaican sprint medalists who were doped because that is effectively what he was saying.

And don't think that just because Russia has a state sponsored doping programme it should be treated any differently. It is the responsibility of the Federation to ensure it sends athletes to championships that are clean, that are tested, that abide by the rules of the sport. Federations cannot turn a blind eye to the practices of whole training groups & coaches who are clearly cheating. They cannot turn a blind eye to ex athletes, who faced their own bans, who now coach. They cannot turn a blind eye to the corrupt managers we know, who have been implicated in these scandals for decades.

Going after Russia is great, but only if the same enthusiasm is applied to all the other nations with issues.

8. Collapse Details

???? ???? in Ronald MacDonald's Home Town, and once a Duck always a Duck.
    Last edited by Conor Dary; 11-29-2019 at 05:28 PM.

9. Collapse Details

Quote Originally Posted by Wiederganger View Post

Going after Russia is great, but only if the same enthusiasm is applied to all the other nations with issues.
    Quote Originally Posted by beebee View Post
    This dirty f-ing nation has done so much damage to sports...

I wonder how many russian "legends" are complete frauds?
    The US has 5 women's world records and Russia/USSR has 5, not counting walks and relays, or a non-standard event like the 1000 meters.

I wonder how many US female world record holders were/are complete frauds? Like I'm the only one with these sentiments. And hopefully nobody would play the race card here, that would be completely repulsive.

And I agree wholeheartedly with showing the same zeal all over the place to deal with this disease.
    Last edited by trackCanuck; 11-29-2019 at 05:54 PM.

10. Collapse Details

Quote Originally Posted by Wiederganger View Post
    I have no idea whether Lasitskene is clean now or not. I do know that on the one hand I feel some sympathy for her, as she was born into a system she had no control over. But on the other hand I also know that the Russia of today is not quite the same as the USSR, and that the ANA process is still totally flawed, as we saw with Klishina and now Lysenko.
    When was Lysenko an ANA athlete? Wasn't she banned before the Russian team was?