Facts, Not Fiction

 
Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 64
  1. Collapse Details
    the 5 most memorable days in your life
    #1
    Quote Originally Posted by Atticus View Post
    I not sure there's a 4th day in my life (not counting wedding and births) after

    11/22/63
    7/20/69
    9/11/01
    That's an idea for a thread. What are the 5 most memorable days in your life from a historical perspective?
    Reply With Quote
     

  2. Collapse Details
     
    #2
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    beyond help
    Posts
    12,759
    Quote Originally Posted by jazzcyclist View Post
    That's an idea for a thread. What are the 5 most memorable days in your life from a historical perspective?
    These two historical events had the biggest impact on my life.

    3/14/39 - dissolution of Czechoslovakia with formation of the Slovak State - I was born 2 weeks later.

    8/20-21/1968 - Warsaw Pact invasion of Czechoslovakia that prompted my emigration.
    "A beautiful theory killed by an ugly fact."
    by Thomas Henry Huxley
    Reply With Quote
     

  3. Collapse Details
    the 5 most memorable days in your life
    #3
    Administrator
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    west of Westeros
    Posts
    61,827
    as requested....
    Reply With Quote
     

  4. Collapse Details
     
    #4
    Administrator
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    west of Westeros
    Posts
    61,827
    Quote Originally Posted by jazzcyclist View Post
    That's an idea for a thread. What are the 5 most memorable days in your life from a historical perspective?
    does "historical perspective" mean it's days that would also mean something to other people, not just important to you personally?
    Reply With Quote
     

  5. Collapse Details
     
    #5
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    ???? ???? in Ronald MacDonald's Home Town, and once a Duck always a Duck.
    Posts
    11,613
    Good question ....

    Anyways...JFK...9/11...January 26, 1967, the huge blizzard in Chicago that closed schools for a week!....May 30, 1975, I just got to Eugene for the first time primarily to see Pre and goes and gets himself killed, still weird...

    A year ago I probably would have written the day the East Grandstand went down....that was sad...but I really like the new Hayward Field..so forget that...
    Reply With Quote
     

  6. Collapse Details
     
    #6
    My 5 most memorable historical dates in my lifetime:

    20Jul69
    16Aug77
    09Nov89
    19Apr95
    11Sep01
    Reply With Quote
     

  7. Collapse Details
     
    #7
    Administrator
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    west of Westeros
    Posts
    61,827
    what was the date they proved the earth was flat?
    Reply With Quote
     

  8. Collapse Details
     
    #8
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    ???? ???? in Ronald MacDonald's Home Town, and once a Duck always a Duck.
    Posts
    11,613
    I forgot...I'm sure it was a Wednesday though...I remember being at coffee when I heard the news...
    Reply With Quote
     

  9. Collapse Details
     
    #9
    Quote Originally Posted by Pego View Post
    These two historical events had the biggest impact on my life.

    3/14/39 - dissolution of Czechoslovakia with formation of the Slovak State - I was born 2 weeks later.

    8/20-21/1968 - Warsaw Pact invasion of Czechoslovakia that prompted my emigration.
    Yeah, but you can only remember one of them.
    Reply With Quote
     

  10. Collapse Details
     
    #10
    Quote Originally Posted by gh View Post
    does "historical perspective" mean it's days that would also mean something to other people, not just important to you personally?
    Yes, that's what I had in mind.
    Reply With Quote
     

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •