Facts, Not Fiction

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1. Collapse Details
    Coaching changes for 2020
    We've seen a thread where German sprinter Gina Luckenkemper has moved to train in the US with Lance Brauman but are there any other notable changes for 2020? Here are a few others that I've seen on social media:

Martin Rooney back to Nick Dakin
    Candace Hill to Carol Smith Gilbert
    Chanelle Price to OTC assuming Mark Rowland?

Any others?

2. Collapse Details

As noted on the Polish thread, Adam Kszczot will be training under Tomasz Lewandowski and Paweł Wojciechowski under Vyacheslav Kalinichenko.
    Było smaszno, a jaszmije smukwijne...

3. Collapse Details

Jimmy Vicaut to Rana Reider.

4. Collapse Details

Alessia Trost of Italy, 2.00 back in the 2013 in the wHJ, switched coach from Tamberi's father to one named Roberto Vanzillotta, who doesn't seem to have trained anyone famous.
    From Italy also Claudio Stecchi (pole vaulter, 5.80 pr) switched from his current coach to italian pole vault legend Giuseppe Gibilisco (gold in Paris 2003 WC, italian record older indoor and outdoor).

From the US I think Shelby Waughan (wDT) has joined Ryan Whiting's group.

5. Collapse Details

Jordan Hasay to Paula Radcliffe:

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/athletics/50485205

6. Collapse Details

Quote Originally Posted by eightsevensix View Post
    Jimmy Vicaut to Rana Reider.
    Interesting to see the results, hopefully he can stay healthy to benefit from the programme. Reider discussed often as having a strength based programme so interesting to see how Vicaut goes given he looks strong now, though I know that looks can be deceiving.

Makes a fast men's group there with Gemili, De Grasse, Xie and McLeod all sub 10 athletes plus a returning Travyon Bromell.

7. Collapse Details

Yohan Blake? Story on front page.

8. Collapse Details

Quote Originally Posted by tandfman View Post
    Yohan Blake? Story on front page.
    I didn't even know Blake stopped working with Mills. But crazy seeing that his own Manager isn't even really sure of who is coaching him.

9. Collapse Details

Quote Originally Posted by ATK View Post
    I didn't even know Blake stopped working with Mills. But crazy seeing that his own Manager isn't even really sure of who is coaching him.
    I am not sure the departure from Mills was a positive one for Blake or Bailey Cole as he shared his feelings of his departure on Instagram that Blake appeared in support of. Who is Mills coaching now Bolt has retired.

10. Collapse Details

Quote Originally Posted by Speedster View Post
    I am not sure the departure from Mills was a positive one for Blake or Bailey Cole as he shared his feelings of his departure on Instagram that Blake appeared in support of. Who is Mills coaching now Bolt has retired.
    Weir also chimed in, along with another athlete who I believe is now retired. Bolt didn’t take too kindly to it all.
    Delano Williams also moved on from Mills but I believe he still coaches Zharnel Hughes.