Facts, Not Fiction

Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 4567 LastLast
  1. Collapse Details

We have player agents on this board? Who'd a thunk it?

2. Collapse Details

from an IP that never sent jazz that PM, never !
    Quote Originally Posted by 26mi235 View Post
    Anyone notice that Rudolf was trying to pull Garret's helmet off..
    No, no way anyone could have seen that.. slow down, you are way ahead of us.

Quote Originally Posted by jazzcyclist View Post
    Yep, Rudolph probably deserved a one-game suspension, but the fact that he was fined shows that even the NFL didn't think he was an innocent victim.
    Quote Originally Posted by user4 View Post
    If you watch carefully Randolph on his way down from the late hit attempts to strip the helmet off Garrett... that is what I see. Garrett overreacted but it is not one of those pure spiteful evil personal fouls.

This is a case where a personal foul late hit escalates. Garrett is 100% guilty, Randolph is not 100% innocent.
    Last edited by user4; 11-22-2019 at 06:14 PM.

3. Collapse Details

Quote Originally Posted by Master Po View Post
    The Cleveland Browns-- the gift of dysfunction that keeps on giving.
    Read something a few days ago (columnist on nfl.com) who said something like: " You often read about teams suffering crushing losses. Cleveland managed to achieve the extremely rare crushing win."

4. Collapse Details

Administrator
    my brother-in-law is a lifelong Browns fan (and longtime-but-no-longer season ticket holder)..... 'nuff said

5. Collapse Details

All I know about helmets is that in 3rd grade, a kid named Jeff had to wear one on the playground every day, at recess. Not sure if he had a prior head injury or a seizure disorder or what. Or if his parents were just big football fans. It sure looked funny to us.

6. Collapse Details

from an IP that never sent jazz that PM, never !
    Quote Originally Posted by gh View Post
    my brother-in-law is a lifelong Browns fan (and longtime-but-no-longer season ticket holder)..... 'nuff said

Maybe he felt just a little bit guilty for being a fan of such a well organized and operated professional franchise.

7. Collapse Details

List of fines and suspensions published:
    https://twitter.com/AdamSchefter/sta...46331707842565

Rudolph $50,000 (no game suspension), Garrett $45,623 + indefinite suspension, Pouncey $35096 + two games, several others $3507 each for entering the fighting area.

8. Collapse Details

Been thinking about this: IF! If Myles Garrett lied about THIS issue, casting an innocent Rudolph in an awful light with his 75% Black team/league and his Black coach, Garrett did something almost unforgivable.

BUT! What would you say to save literally $Millions? Millions! I'm not defending him one tiny bit, but I am thinking about that "Oh, s#$t" moment when it hits you that you're going to lose $millions. So I wonder if all the $$$ were dancing in his mind if/when he threw this accusation Rudolph's way?
    You there, on the motorbike! Sell me one of your melons!

9. Collapse Details

Quote Originally Posted by 18.99s View Post
    List of fines and suspensions published:
    https://twitter.com/AdamSchefter/sta...46331707842565

Rudolph $50,000 (no game suspension), Garrett $45,623 + indefinite suspension, Pouncey $35096 + two games, several others $3507 each for entering the fighting area.
    Keep in mind that the suspensions mean the loss of a game check for the games missed so that the defacto fines are much larger for those missing games.

10. Collapse Details

Quote Originally Posted by NotDutra5 View Post
    Keep in mind that the suspensions mean the loss of a game check for the games missed so that the defacto fines are much larger for those missing games.
    Unless they do like what the Patriots did with Tom Brady a few years ago, when they restructured his contract into $1M salary + $15M bonus so his suspension would only cut into the $1M.