Facts, Not Fiction

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234
  1. Collapse Details

Administrator
    Quote Originally Posted by schigh View Post
    Part of the problem is the ER gets used for non-emergency care especially among the uninsured. ....
    in my part of the world, at least, the pressure on ERs appears to have been greatly reduced by the rise of "urgent care" centers.

I've long tried to restrict ER visits to a window starting at about 03:00, when you have all the bar-fight personnel out of the way and most of the normal populace is thinking "first thing when we get up."

(and you don't want to know how many ER visits have been part of my life)

2. Collapse Details

from an IP that never sent jazz that PM, never !
    Quote Originally Posted by gh View Post
    in my part of the world, at least, the pressure on ERs appears to have been greatly reduced by the rise of "urgent care" centers.
    I had a terrible ear infection, waited and waited thinking it was going to get better.. it didnt it got worse and the inflamation was spreading... went to the local urgent care center and a competent MD in no more than 5 minutes diagnosed me with a deadly ear infection gave me a prescription for a serious dose of antibiotic ear drops and pills and sent me on my way.

Fast forward 4 days later and im almost all better. By the way the MD asked me why I waited so long to come in. I told him "Doctor, really thought my body would simply overcome the infection."

The MD said: "user4 sir, 70 years ago, without antibiotics people died of that type of ear infection".
    Last edited by user4; 11-17-2019 at 02:57 AM.