Facts, Not Fiction

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
  1. Collapse Details

???? ???? in Ronald MacDonald's Home Town, and once a Duck always a Duck.
    I think if he just said alot of people in general weren't honoring veterans he would have been on safer ground....but going after one group in particular was not good...adios....

2. Collapse Details

from an IP that never sent jazz that PM, never !
    40 years ago in New England when I was a child folks wore the red or white poppy on memorial or veterans day. I don't see them anymore today. Where can I buy them !

3. Collapse Details

Like almost everything else, they can be bought on Amazon.

4. Collapse Details

In Eugene someone is usually at a grocery store selling them..that is where I always get one...

I couldn't imagine getting it at Amazon...

5. Collapse Details

I lived in England for years...and hardly anyone wore a poppy....a few did...but it wasn't ubiquitous..except on tv...

6. Collapse Details

As for it was only his 'opinion'....Jimmy the Greek had an 'opinion' blacks were dumb...he was soon toast...

How would Cherry have the slightest idea only immigrants were not wearing poppies...I think it is pretty obvious...

He probably isn't a bad guy but when you get that age you can say some dumb things...a peaceful retirement is best for all concerned...

7. Collapse Details

Quote Originally Posted by Conor Dary View Post
    As for it was only his 'opinion'....Jimmy the Greek had an 'opinion' blacks were dumb...he was soon toast...
    I believe you're confusing Jimmy the Greek with Al Campanis. What Jimmy the Greek said wasn't much different than some of the pseudo-anthropology posted on this board whenever folks get into discussions about who makes the best sprinters.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=O4XUbENGaiY

8. Collapse Details

Quote Originally Posted by jazzcyclist View Post
    I believe you're confusing Jimmy the Greek with Al Campanis. What Jimmy the Greek said wasn't much different than some of the pseudo-anthropology posted on this board whenever folks get into discussions about who makes the best sprinters.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=O4XUbENGaiY
    That's right...the Dodgers guy...

9. Collapse Details

from an IP that never sent jazz that PM, never !
    I think if he just said alot of people in general weren't honoring veterans he would have been on safer ground....but going after one group in particular was not good...adios....
    Agree, he probably noticed that urban centers where immigrants dominate (Toronto) show no poppy. While places where native born Canadians (where relatives of the fallen heros dominate) did. It's not that complicated.

Some can be noticed, some things shouldn't be said.

10. Collapse Details

How would Cherry have the slightest idea only immigrants were not wearing poppies...I think it is pretty obvious...

He probably isn't a bad guy but when you get that age you can say some dumb things...a peaceful retirement is best for all concerned...
    Fair enough...I guess I don't consider their two comments to be in the same neighborhood...but after further thought, yeah, certain things are better left unsaid.

I guess in this current ultra-pc climate I fear the erosion of free speech rights so my radar is up. That's all. This is certainly not a hill to die on.
    You there, on the motorbike! Sell me one of your melons!