Facts, Not Fiction

Page 14 of 16 FirstFirst ... 41213141516 LastLast
  1. Collapse Details

Clemson finally finds a sport they can win a game in and defeat one of the other teams from North Carolina.

2. Collapse Details

Quote Originally Posted by NotDutra5 View Post
    Clemson finally finds a sport they can win a game in and defeat one of the other teams from North Carolina.
    And recall Carolina was a two-point conversion away from beating Clemson on September 28th. But "almost" doesn't count.

3. Collapse Details

Quote Originally Posted by KevinR View Post
    I have been very surprised with the 'Heels performance this year. Everyone can be expected to run into rough patches, of course. But I am surprised with Roy's team this so far. I also believe he will use this as a learning experience and be back to terrorize the rest of us in a year or two.
    Well, the Heels graduated or lost to the NBA five of their top six last spring. One of the returning big men, Sterling Manley, is out for the season after knee surgery, and their star freshman Cole Anthony had meniscus surgery in early December and is still out. Their ranks are depleted.

4. Collapse Details

Watched the last bit of the Clemson win over Duke. The last three minutes took forever. Video reviews on a couple of out-of-bounds balls really slowed it down. Really breaks the momentum of the game.

5. Collapse Details

???? ???? in Ronald MacDonald's Home Town, and once a Duck always a Duck.
    The forensic reviews and endless number of timeouts are a huge turnoff in the last few minutes....

6. Collapse Details

Excellent points, all. I am all too familiar with the impact of losing great young players to the NBA. That graduation thing is not as familiar.......

7. Collapse Details

From the college football thread:

"North Carolina has hosted twice in 1974 (Greensboro) and 1994 (Charlotte). Kentucky has hosted 7 times, once in Lexington (1985) and 6 times in Louisville (1958, 1959, 1962, 1963, 1967 and 1969). Indiana has hosted 7 times all in Indianapolis (1980, 1991, 1997, 2000, 2006, 2010 and 2015). One of the things many media folks like about New Orleans is that once you get there you don't need a car unless the weather is bad. The same is true of Indianapolis."

1994, Charlotte, should have been another Final Four for the Heels, a really good team that year. Lost to Boston College in the second round. One of several years during which Dean Smith's teams underperformed in March.

8. Collapse Details

Quote Originally Posted by KevinR View Post
    Excellent points, all. I am all too familiar with the impact of losing great young players to the NBA. That graduation thing is not as familiar.......
    Funny that, you being a UK fan, right? My Mom's a UK alum and maybe seven or eight years ago, as UK was clearly going to go further in the tourney than UNC, she was jousting with me a bit on the phone and to salve my wounds a little, I pointed out Dean Smith graduated like 98% of his lettermen, and Roy Williams continued to do well, and asked her what UK's basketball team's graduation rate was. She, a smart woman who could have done a PhD had she desired, paused, then flat out said, "We don't care."

9. Collapse Details

Which is why, when UNC went thru that scandal the last few years with the fake classes, I would tell people, "Go look at what they're taking at Kentucky (basketball) or Alabama (football)." Despite that scandal, UNC is an excellent school with a tremendous basketball program, which usually, and basically, does things the right way.

Duke just does it all better! (Hey, I couldn't say too many good things about the Tar Holes, could I?)

10. Collapse Details

AP poll a bit tough on Gonzaga downgrading them to 2nd after victories by 50 and 23 points, while Baylor also won, but by margins of only 13 and 7.