Facts, Not Fiction

Page 13 of 25 FirstFirst ... 3111213141523 ... LastLast
  1. Collapse Details

Quote Originally Posted by midwestfan View Post

I feel Salazar was "milking the system" and went over the line with medical treatments for females (I wonder if the runners medical insurance claims were investigated for fraud for use of thyroid medication for hypothyroid disease?)
    I have my doubts this is very investigatable even by law enforcement.

2. Collapse Details

Quote Originally Posted by gh View Post
    see post #97
    Thanks GH. I was just working my way through when I got to post #78.
    Glad to see that aaronk still alive and kicking with that fire in his belly.

3. Collapse Details

???? ???? in Ronald MacDonald's Home Town, and once a Duck always a Duck.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tuariki View Post
    The Jack Nicholson character from A Few Good Men
    Hey....that's not bad ....I could imagine Alberto thinking the Nike Campus was the equivalent of Guantanamo Bay....

4. Collapse Details

There was never any documented evidence of Rupp taking anabolic steroids from Magness.

Quote Originally Posted by midwestfan View Post
    Sorry to come late to this thread but I felt so bad for Mary Cain to have her whole running career come to a screeching halt as a teenager. Didn't Salazer train Mary Decker in her mid 30's and was banned from competition for failing a drug test that showed an increase in her testosterone levels. There was some information from Steve Magness on Rupp being trained by Salazer in high school and documented him taking anabolic steroids at age 16. Then there was Alan Webb coming to Salazar and the Nike Camp and suddenly leaving in less than two years.

I feel Salazar was "milking the system" and went over the line with medical treatments for females (I wonder if the runners medical insurance claims were investigated for fraud for use of thyroid medication for hypothyroid disease?)

What would Cerutty, Igloi, Lydiard, or Stamfl do if they were coaching in the 21st century?

Best wishes to Mary and all the other runners that were misled and misused by their "coach" and "mentor"

5. Collapse Details

Quote Originally Posted by Tuariki View Post

Glad to see that aaronk still alive and kicking with that fire in his belly.
    Same here!

6. Collapse Details

7. Collapse Details

Quote Originally Posted by Dave View Post
    Is this behavior typical of all national caliber training centers? Would a member of Team Russia, Team China, team Jamaica, team Ethiopia, or team Japan find this behavior familiar
    This kind of behavior is pretty common in Japan. Not just in track and field but in many other sports as well.

8. Collapse Details

Quote Originally Posted by 18.99s View Post
    Was any other teenage girl ever in his training group? Apparently he didn't get the memo that developing teenagers can't thrive on the same sort of dietary restrictions as 22- to 30-year-olds.
    Nozomi Takamatsu. (2014 Youth Olympic champion. She was 4th in the World Junior race that Cain won.)

https://www.letsrun.com/forum/flat_r...thread=8313854

9. Collapse Details

Quote Originally Posted by Conor Dary View Post
    Anyways....still rather sordid...even more so if that was possible...

I could definitely see Nike getting completely out of the coaching business...
    So what other Nike groups have coaching you think is abhorrent? In distance running the other big Nike group is the Bowerman group in Portland. He and Salazar have seemingly had an uneasy relationship.

10. Collapse Details

USATF tweet:

>>@usatf

The well-being and safety of our athletes is our top priority. We support @runmarycain and all USATF athletes in accomplishing their goals in and out of competition.<<