Facts, Not Fiction

Page 10 of 25 FirstFirst ... 8910111220 ... LastLast
  1. Collapse Details

Administrator
    Quote Originally Posted by Dave View Post
    Perhaps some of the more knowledgeable people here can help clear up one point. In the articles I’ve read, it says that Salazar had Ms. Cain take birth control and diuretics. Wouldn’t the diuretics have triggered the doping tests?
    i could well be wrong, but I don't believe there's a blanket proscription against all diuretics. There may well be shades of gray between prescription and over-the-counter versions and also between what might be legal in training but illegal in competition.

any pharmacologists out there?

2. Collapse Details

Quote Originally Posted by DrJay View Post
    So who's going to play Salazar in the movie?
    A life sized rat!

3. Collapse Details

???? ???? in Ronald MacDonald's Home Town, and once a Duck always a Duck.
    Meanwhile...the Nike and Alberto response isn't going over well with many...

Nike tries to smear Mary Cain as former Oregon Project athletes and coaches confirm her story

Salazar has long cultivated an image in the running press as someone who truly believes he’s doing the right thing, even when it seems outrageous or troubling to the rest of the world. But sometimes, when someone denies something that’s obviously true, they’re just lying.

https://www.nydailynews.com/sports/m...5BgTt1k0or-hKE
    Last edited by Conor Dary; 11-08-2019 at 09:51 PM.

4. Collapse Details

Like a certain something going on in DC, this is not going away any time soon and it will get a lot more very negative press!

5. Collapse Details

Quote Originally Posted by thedoorknobbroke View Post
    Like a certain something going on in DC, this is not going away any time soon and it will get a lot more very negative press!
    And like that certain something in DC this story seems to be favoring the side doing the accusing..so far.

6. Collapse Details

???? ???? in Ronald MacDonald's Home Town, and once a Duck always a Duck.
    Let's leave the politics out if you don't mind...

7. Collapse Details

Since aaronk's views of Salazar/Cain has come up in this thread, I think it good to let him speak for himself on this. I have posted below aaronk's most recent blog post, dated October 1, 2019. It is a response to the announcement of Salazar's 4-year ban.

A few months ago aaronk told me he was having a hard time keeping his blog going because of eyesight problems. We kept in touch by email, but then he couldn't read the emails anymore. I haven't been able to get in touch with him since this last blog post of October 1. I hope he's OK, and feeling justifiably vindicated in his long-standing rant against Salazar. He did certainly not come lately to these views. He's been trumpeting this view, emphatically as always, since at least early 2014. But here it is in his own words:

An "I Told You So!" Commentary

By aaronk, posted October 1, 2019

I TOLD YOU SO!!! indeed!!
    In a ruling handed down today, USADA has handed Nike Oregon Project coach Alberto Salazar a four year ban from coaching!!

FINALLY!!

Long suspected of using Performance Enhancing Drugs as coach of some of the World's greatest athletes--and top American stars--Salazar's loss to our favorite sport is most welcomed by this blogger!!

But what about his athletes--past and present??

Galen Rupp and Jordan Hasay
    Shannon Rowbury and Trenier Moser
    Mary Cain and Mo Farah
    Even current members of NOP such as Konstanze Klosterhalfen and Yomif Kejelcha!!

What dark cloud of suspicion might hang over these elite athletes' marks over the past several years??

Can my strong opinion that Salazar RUINED the promising career of then-High Schooler Mary Cain finally be validated??
    Is HE the reason why Cain has disappeared from the sport, for all intents??

Mo Farah--and Cain--and Rowbury--as well as older stars such as Kara Goucher--all left the dangerous clutches of this vile person!!
    They too must feel validated--and congratulated--for leaving the group and its coach!!

Unknown at this time is what these athletes--past and present--will say about Salazar's sentence!!

Also unknown is what--if any--punishment--might be brought against these athletes!!

Should they be investigated further--with whatever consequences come down--or left alone??

Whatever the future brings for them, they are now tainted by the poisonous cloud of suspicion that must hang over their World Class marks over the past several years!!

Yes, I told you so!!
    I repeatedly stated that Cain's problems BEGAN when Salazar took over her training in Portland in 2014!
    Even though--and maybe because--her NY area coach has been John Henwood--, not Salazar!!

Henwood is --or was--Salazar's associate!!

Ultimately, it's sad that this once great athlete went the way of a common criminal!!

A four year ban is NOT enough!!

8. Collapse Details

"To be clear, I never encouraged her, or worse yet, shamed her, to maintain an unhealthy weight.”
    But he encouraged and shamed her to maintain a specific weight, which he thought was healthy but actually was otherwise.

Was any other teenage girl ever in his training group? Apparently he didn't get the memo that developing teenagers can't thrive on the same sort of dietary restrictions as 22- to 30-year-olds.

9. Collapse Details

Quote Originally Posted by Dave View Post
    Are there any professional athletes who perform at the top level who do not abuse their bodies? Track, swimming, gymnastics?
    Whatever they go through, top-level athletes who last long in their sport don't abuse their bodies and minds to the point that they perform worse and worse each year.

What Salazar did cannot be justified under the banner of doing what is necessary to succeed at the elite level; she only got slower and slower after leaving home to go and train with his group.

10. Collapse Details

Quote Originally Posted by 18.99s View Post
    Whatever they go through, top-level athletes who last long in their sport don't abuse their bodies and minds to the point that they perform worse and worse each year.

What Salazar did cannot be justified under the banner of doing what is necessary to succeed at the elite level; she only got slower and slower after leaving home to go and train with his group.
    I’m not actually trying to justify him. My suspicion is that his behavior can be found in any one of a number of top-level training groups. If true, that statement would damn the whole group rather than vindicate Salazar.