Facts, Not Fiction

Thread: Matt Dillon

1. Collapse Details
    Matt Dillon
    Happy birthday today (Friday) to an Olympic champion who was born on a Friday 107 years ago in the same country where this athlete won that Olympic gold medal.

Our birthday person died 12 days after turning 96 and did not compete in the Olympic hurdles.

This champion was 52 years old when a vice presidential candidate, sharing the same name as our birthday athlete, lost the election just a few days after our birthday athlete's birthday.

Not the favorite going into the Olympic Games, our birthday individual set a pr to win the gold medal.

Please name this Olympic champion with a birthday on the first day of November.

2. Collapse Details

Was Goldwater's running mate in '64 named Ed Miller?

3. Collapse Details

Bill Miller
    Last edited by J Rorick; 11-01-2019 at 07:29 PM.

4. Collapse Details

Bill Miller it is. Nice going, J Rorick. Bill Miler (the one born 107 years ago today) won the Los Angeles (1932) Olympic pole vault. He was born in Kansas (Dodge City) and graduated from Stanford University. Good job, J Rorick with a little help from KDFINE. I think Ed Miller use to coach at Cal.

5. Collapse Details

KDFINE deserves all the credit. I was just answering the political question, thinking you were wrong because Bill Miller only got a silver in the 1952 Olympic jevelin, which also wasn't in his country of birth. Then I remembered the pole vaulter, which is why there's the edit.

6. Collapse Details

When you answered the political question, you also answered the birthday athlete question. I give credit to you both.