Facts, Not Fiction

Thread: 4x1 Wisdom

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234
  1. Collapse Details

Quote Originally Posted by Atticus View Post
    Why would you NOT want him 2nd, where he can run the farthest, or 3rd, since our best top-speed curve-runner?
    I respectfully disagree!!!!! People, I still think we are over thinking this. But like I have said before, just my opinion folks.

2. Collapse Details

Quote Originally Posted by The Klingon View Post
    I respectfully disagree!!!!! People, I still think we are over thinking this. But like I have said before, just my opinion folks.
    So, you are not supposed to think about it your are supposed to do, what???

3. Collapse Details

Quote Originally Posted by The Klingon View Post
    I understand the emotional value of having him anchor, but if you don't utilize each of the 4 runners to their best advantage, you can be left with an anchor who can't make up a deficit because their individual strengths were not used properly. Lyles would indeed be a great anchor, but a relay team needs 4 people in their most advantageous positions. The anchor can't run as far as the second runner can, or putting someone in 3rd position who can't run a curve as well as he can also slows the team. If you've got a great curve runner Lyles goes second. If, however, you've got Norman on the team, he can go second, and then you've got Lyles where YOU want him, 'breaking the tape'.
    Shouldn't critical thinking skills BE used here?