Facts, Not Fiction

Thread: 4x1 Wisdom

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
  1. Collapse Details

Quote Originally Posted by beebee View Post
    At the 2020 Penn Relays I'd love to see what a 4x100 with Coleman, Norman, Baker, and Lyles can do.
    Norman is a fantastic 400 guy, but a 10.27 100 guy. There are several people capable of contributing more than he can.

2. Collapse Details

Administrator
    Quote Originally Posted by Dave View Post
    Norman is a fantastic 400 guy, but a 10.27 100 guy. There are several people capable of contributing more than he can.
    Norman has run so few high-end 100s that we don't really have a peg on how fast he is, but with known 19.70 speed, he can run on my 4x1 (with a running start) any day of the week.

3. Collapse Details

He gave Lyles is only 200 loss, and would be good on the long second leg. How often did he run on the 4x100 in high school and at USC?

4. Collapse Details

Quote Originally Posted by gh View Post
    Norman has run so few high-end 100s that we don't really have a peg on how fast he is, but with known 19.70 speed, he can run on my 4x1 (with a running start) any day of the week.
    Indeed. I suspect his "10.27 speed" is a combination of a lack of opportunities, PLUS lack of work on a start. He can also run on MY 4x1 any ol' time.

5. Collapse Details

Have a hunch that if MN is healthy he would like to try a 4/2 double (schedule permitting, of course). And, unless something changes with the schedule, it looks like a 4/2 double is out of the question. So, running just the 4 and the final of both relays certainly seems doable. Would they dump Gatlin if he is running like he did in Doha?
    Last edited by thedoorknobbroke; 11-05-2019 at 03:16 AM.

6. Collapse Details

Ok. Perhaps Norman has a place, but what is the hurry to get the 100m silver medalist off the team?

7. Collapse Details

Quote Originally Posted by 26mi235 View Post
    He gave Lyles is only 200 loss, and would be good on the long second leg. How often did he run on the 4x100 in high school and at USC?

Norman ran the opening leg on the 2016 US team that won the world U20 title in 38.93. Lyles anchored that squad.

8. Collapse Details

Quote Originally Posted by gm View Post
    Norman ran the opening leg on the 2016 US team that won the world U20 title in 38.93. Lyles anchored that squad.
    Yes he did. And if memory serves me right, the U.S. was behind when Lyles got the baton. And Lyles reeled in the Japanese. And that is why I say, to put Lyles on any leg but anchor is a waste of his talent. And to put Coleman on any leg but first is a waste of his talent. Just my opinion folks.

9. Collapse Details

Quote Originally Posted by The Klingon View Post
    to put Lyles on any leg but anchor is a waste of his talent.
    Why would you NOT want him 2nd, where he can run the farthest, or 3rd, since our best top-speed curve-runner?

10. Collapse Details

Since Norman is not a great starter (since he is not much of a 100 guy), I would think that switching Coleman and Norman would have given the US a bigger winning margin.