Facts, Not Fiction

 
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
Results 21 to 28 of 28
  1. Collapse Details
     
    #21
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Posts
    2,025
    Quote Originally Posted by Atticus View Post
    Track Newsletter
    4092 Collins CA 1977
    14.6-41'1.75-5'7-18'10.75-2:22.5
    The mark shown in the original post was 4,084 which uses a 14.67 auto time for the hurdles. According to the T&FN report on the meet, because a different 100H section had an auto-timer malfunction, official scoring for the pentathlon was switched to the hand time marks, resulting in the 4,092 in Track Newsletter.
    Reply With Quote
     

  2. Collapse Details
     
    #22
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Posts
    3,797
    Quote Originally Posted by wamego relays champ View Post
    The mark shown in the original post was 4,084 which uses a 14.67 auto time for the hurdles. According to the T&FN report on the meet, because a different 100H section had an auto-timer malfunction, official scoring for the pentathlon was switched to the hand time marks, resulting in the 4,092 in Track Newsletter.
    Thanx
    Reply With Quote
     

  3. Collapse Details
     
    #23
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Posts
    3,797
    Actually, somewhat of a moot point. Dana Collins' 4,084/4,092 was supposedly the auto-timed record (per Carey/Davis/Potts) but was far inferior to Jane Frederick's 4,438 hand-timed mark, done in Northridge 7 weeks prior to Collins' performance. Frederick then shattered that with 4,617 3 months later in Sofia, BUL
    Reply With Quote
     

  4. Collapse Details
     
    #24
    Member
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Posts
    84
    You mentioned that you were looking for details of Roth's 5286 in Memphis in March 1981. For what it's worth, this newspaper from that month shows the total as 5277 (in 2nd place) - https://www.newspapers.com/newspage/73306799/

    The total of 5277 is also mentioned by UPI in their report for Drake in April 1981 - https://www.upi.com/Archives/1981/04...1914356763600/
    Reply With Quote
     

  5. Collapse Details
     
    #25
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Posts
    3,797
    Quote Originally Posted by ianb View Post
    You mentioned that you were looking for details of Roth's 5286 in Memphis in March 1981. For what it's worth, this newspaper from that month shows the total as 5277 (in 2nd place) - https://www.newspapers.com/newspage/73306799/

    The total of 5277 is also mentioned by UPI in their report for Drake in April 1981 - https://www.upi.com/Archives/1981/04...1914356763600/
    Thank you ianb
    Reply With Quote
     

  6. Collapse Details
     
    #26
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Posts
    2,025
    Quote Originally Posted by bambam1729 View Post
    Heptathlon 5,143 4,885 [1985] Sharon Hatfield Sudbury, Ontario CAN 29/30 August 1980
    If you are still working on this, I happened to be cleaning out the garage and found a set of results for this mark, from the inaugural Pan Am Jr Championships:
    15.33 (-1.1) 9.94 1.67 26.17 (-1.4) [2952] 5.42 (nwi) 32.00 2:20.68
    Reply With Quote
     

  7. Collapse Details
     
    #27
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Posts
    3,797
    FYI - thanx to this board, Richard Hymans sending some stuff, and Atticus letting me peruse his complete collection of T&FNews - of the 56 marks in pentathlon and heptathlon, I have succeeded in getting the event marks for 52 of them. Missing only 4. A few other people off this board helped as well.
    Reply With Quote
     

  8. Collapse Details
     
    #28
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2014
    Location
    on task
    Posts
    12,376
    Quote Originally Posted by bambam1729 View Post
    Atticus letting me peruse his complete collection of T&FNews
    Apropos of something, today, in the mail, I received my 50th Annual edition.
    I have the ones before that, and I read the e-edition of the issue two weeks ago, but there has always been something special about getting that issue in the mail.
    Thanks to the ink-stained (carpal-tunneled?) wretches who slave in the pursuit of a comprehensive almanac of the year!!!
    Reply With Quote
     

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •