Facts, Not Fiction

Page 1 of 20 12311 ... LastLast

Hybrid View

1. Collapse Details
    Transgender Athletes Dominating High School and College Sports
    We've all heard and read about examples of transgeneder athletes making a mockery of female sports. The latest is a Montana runner being named Big Sky Conference Female Athlete of the Week. Where does it end?

https://www.montanasports.com/sports...te-of-the-week

2. Collapse Details

Eastwood was discussed in several posts in the "what utter crap" thread.

https://trackandfieldnews.com/discus...ead.php?154952

3. Collapse Details

Quote Originally Posted by 18.99s View Post
    Eastwood was discussed in several posts in the "what utter crap" thread.

https://trackandfieldnews.com/discus...ead.php?154952
    That's the "New Zealand weight-lifter" thread. I did look for another thread before I posted so as not to be redundant but none seemed to fit. Perhaps gh can combine them all into a single "Transgender Athletes" thread.

4. Collapse Details

Quote Originally Posted by jazzcyclist View Post
    We've all heard and read about examples of transgeneder athletes making a mockery of female sports. The latest is a Montana runner being named Big Sky Conference Female Athlete of the Week. Where does it end?

https://www.montanasports.com/sports...te-of-the-week
    Ladies and Gentleman
    Introducing the starting lineup for the USA women’s basketball team:

At guard let’s give a heartfelt welcome to:
    Mikaela Jordan, and
    Kobeereena Bryant

And at forward:
    Lu Belle James, and
    Denise Rodwoman

And at centre
    Shaquilla O’Neal

5. Collapse Details

Will we ever see administrators “grow a pair” and ban transgenders from competing in women’s sports.

I would love to see the Pac12 do that and fight it all the way to the Supreme Court.

Or even better having DT try to make it law
    Last edited by Tuariki; 10-26-2019 at 05:46 AM.

6. Collapse Details

???? ???? in Ronald MacDonald's Home Town, and once a Duck always a Duck.
    Meanwhile....this seems more like a parody than anything real....

https://www.westernjournal.com/trans...HNPYW9Sd1MuclI

7. Collapse Details

Quote Originally Posted by Conor Dary View Post
    Meanwhile....this seems more like a parody than anything real....
    At least s/he (recognizing the old and the new) sat out a year and is undergoing hormone treatment, even though I have misgivings about that since the muscle he accrued as a man is now helping her as a female.

This is like the Shot Putters who get busted for steroids, sit out for a while and come back with the added muscle mass from when they were dirty.

This is such a can'o'worms. I would hope that whatever restrictions that the IAAF eventually comes up with (we're still in a quagmire with the few events currently being targeted), that pass the LawDudes' challenges, would be adopted at all lower levels.

8. Collapse Details

???? ???? in Ronald MacDonald's Home Town, and once a Duck always a Duck.
    Quote Originally Posted by Atticus View Post
    At least s/he (recognizing the old and the new) sat out a year and is undergoing hormone treatment, even though I have misgivings about that since the muscle he accrued as a man is now helping her as a female.

This is like the Shot Putters who get busted for steroids, sit out for a while and come back with the added muscle mass from when they were dirty.

This is such a can'o'worms. I would hope that whatever restrictions that the IAAF eventually comes up with (we're still in a quagmire with the few events currently being targeted), that pass the LawDudes' challenges, would be adopted at all lower levels.
    The whole thing is ridiculous....the hormones drugs..And everything else....

9. Collapse Details

Quote Originally Posted by Atticus View Post
    Any "process" based restriction (type and duration of treatment) is fundamentally flawed, because each person's body responds to hormone treatment differently. Eastwood has gone through more transformation than the D2 hurdler who won the NCAA title, but not enough to bring down her performance level on par with her former self. This suggests NCAA needs a more strict restriction that sets maximum T-level.

10. Collapse Details

So far we've only seen mediocre male athletes go trans; although they quickly shoot to the top ranks among women, they don't reach a level of dominance sufficient to wake up the powers that be.

It'll probably take somebody who can blow things out of the water, like Christian Cantwell becoming Christine Cantwell and tossing the shot more than 90 feet. Or Asha Eaton scoring 8500 in the heptathlon.