Facts, Not Fiction

Page 14 of 17 FirstFirst ... 41213141516 ... LastLast
  1. Collapse Details

Quote Originally Posted by user4 View Post

But when the interviewer goes into the interview with the predetermined set of ground rules that gives absolute acceptance and legitimacy to the most bizarre claims simply because the interviewee "believes" it there is bound to be a vast world of viewers that sit scratching our heads wondering what the hell is going on.

This happens all the time too. It is not just these fruit cakes in the present context, it happens all the time with interviewers on so many fronts that I have to assume that it is part of the journalist culture that the first and most sacred rule of this new business is that there are NO facts or truths that can ever be discovered, presented that can challenge a person's beliefs about themselves.

He could have been caught with an axe in his hand stuck into the head of his wife but the interviewer has to treat his belief of his innocence like every other fact on the scene.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8QUSQJQml40
    I'm scratching my head because you and others on this thread should have
    seen this shit coming decades ago when millions of your fellow citizens allowed their minds to be spoon fed cretinous and idiotic fare like Sally Jessy Raphael, Dr. Phil, Judge Judy , Jerry Springer, Maury Povich, Judge Joe Brown, and....McDonald's !

You are what you eat. Idiocy was royally sanctioned when you were narrowly out of diapers, And now you're....shocked....omg...

Sorry sir, but you have no right to complain about stupidity when it is the modus operandi, nay, THE defining characteristic, of US culture.

https://time.com/4937675/how-to-fix-american-stupidity/
    Last edited by trackCanuck; 11-03-2019 at 01:46 AM.

2. Collapse Details

I've shared the McKinnon interview with about a dozen people, male and female, old and young, and everyone of them was as flabbergasted as the folks on this thread are, so I don't see why anyone thinks McKinnon got over on the journalist. It might even be argued that the less combative the interviewer is the more comfortable the fraudster will feel exposing him/herself with absurdities.
    Last edited by jazzcyclist; 11-03-2019 at 04:43 AM.

3. Collapse Details

Quote Originally Posted by trackCanuck View Post
    Sorry sir, but you have no right to complain about stupidity when it is the modus operandi, nay, THE defining characteristic, of US culture.[/url]
    Human nature is universal. Do you honestly believe Canadians, who import the USA culture wholesale on a daily basis, are any different? You needn't answer - it was a rhetorical question.

4. Collapse Details

from an IP that never sent jazz that PM, never !
    seen this shit coming decades ago when millions of your fellow citizens allowed their minds to be spoon fed cretinous and idiotic fare like Sally Jessy Raphael, Dr. Phil, Judge Judy , Jerry Springer, Maury Povich, Judge Joe Brown, and....McDonald's !

You are what you eat. Idiocy was royally sanctioned when you were narrowly out of diapers, And now you're....shocked....omg...

Sorry sir, but you have no right to complain about stupidity when it is the modus operandi, nay, THE defining characteristic, of US culture.

It really hurts me to agree with you, but facts are not in dispute.
    Last edited by user4; 11-03-2019 at 12:22 PM.

5. Collapse Details

Do you really believe this is an issue solely US based and not one which exists in some form in a number of countries including, likely, Canada.

6. Collapse Details

Quote Originally Posted by NotDutra5 View Post
    Do you really believe this is an issue solely US based and not one which exists in some form in a number of countries including, likely, Canada.
    Rachel McKinnon is Canadian.

7. Collapse Details

Predictably, Mone Davis, the first girl to pitch a shutout in the Little League World Series, switched to softball after her freshman year in high school and will be attending college on a softball scholarship.

https://www.si.com/softball/2019/07/...ton-university

8. Collapse Details

Quote Originally Posted by jazzcyclist View Post
    Mone Davis switched to softball after her freshman year in high school
    That's not a gimme transition. I've known some good baseball players who struggled trying to hit good women pitchers. The ball moves a lot differently.

9. Collapse Details

Quote Originally Posted by Atticus View Post
    That's not a gimme transition. I've known some good baseball players who struggled trying to hit good women pitchers. The ball moves a lot differently.
    That's not the point. She switched because she realized that her future on her high school baseball team was on the bench while she could play immediately on the softball team. Girls entering puberty have no answer for boys' testosterone.

She played varsity baseball as a freshman at Springside Chestnut Hill Academy, the private school she attended in Philly, but then gave it up for softball because she "was just wasting [her] time on the bench not doing anything."

10. Collapse Details

from an IP that never sent jazz that PM, never !
    Quote Originally Posted by Atticus View Post
    Great point, I told that to my baseball aspiring 6-0 180 lb nephew who ran an 11.2 100m.

I said to him he could have a better shot at greatness on the girls softball team than the boys baseball team but that "its not a gimme transition because ive known some great athletes that really struggled for a few days to hit the girls softball pitch, the ball moves alot differently" .

He looked at me kind of funny and told me , "but uncle I only have to be better than most girls".

I said, well you got me there.

Yes, Im so damn proud of him, this is 2019 afterall!
    Last edited by user4; 11-04-2019 at 04:38 PM.