Facts, Not Fiction

Page 9 of 17 FirstFirst ... 7891011 ... LastLast
  1. Collapse Details

Quote Originally Posted by NotDutra5 View Post
    My point was that there may be college coaches....and perhaps a lot of them....who do not wish to involve themselves on an issue likely to raise a you know what storm of attention....and all of the crap that comes withit......on said coach's program by what will very likely be a very vocal group even if it is a small minority.
    My guess is that the vast majority want no part of this, and are just as perplexed as we are. And keep in mind that the NCAA makes clear distinctions between men's programs and women's programs, regardless of whether or not there's one head coach over both teams. A transgender basketball player expecting a spot on the women's basketball team is no different than a transgender track athlete expecting it, and I can't see Gino Auriemma going for this nonsense.
    Last edited by jazzcyclist; 10-30-2019 at 05:17 PM.

2. Collapse Details

It seems to me that change will come when there is enough of a pushback from biological women, who are either denied a place on the team or a place on the podium because of transgender athletes. Other factors are important, but this is critical.

3. Collapse Details

Quote Originally Posted by 18.99s View Post
    It's not on the web page itself, it's in the "DOWNLOAD: Guidelines for Creating Policies..." link on that page. Here's a direct link for convenience: https://docs.wixstatic.com/ugd/2bc3f...81e96babcb.pdf

The quoted paragraph starts at the end of page 2 of the PDF.
    This article is worthy of the ONION.

4. Collapse Details

Quote Originally Posted by bobguild76 View Post
    It seems to me that change will come when there is enough of a pushback from biological women, who are either denied a place on the team or a place on the podium because of transgender athletes. Other factors are important, but this is critical.
    When girls start losing athletic scholarships to transgenders I'm pretty sure they and their parents will be screaming the loudest.

5. Collapse Details

from an IP that never sent jazz that PM, never !
    Quote Originally Posted by bobguild76 View Post
    Im going to toss an idea out there that this could be a slow process as women are biologically somewhat less competitive by nature. A greater proportion of them simply want to be the best they can be. It is the parents (and moreso the fathers) that might be the ones to raise hell over this.

The very reason we have female-only competitions could be the reason why females are not as likely to make an issue out of having transgender athletes as competition. Im just thinking outside the bun!

https://vimeo.com/74688519
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OhMizwKAP4U
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wMStW4ysmEg
    Last edited by user4; 10-30-2019 at 07:05 PM.

6. Collapse Details

Quote Originally Posted by lonewolf View Post
    If enough coaches would adopt Ms Hubers declaration to never allow one of her female runners to compete against men transgenders who "identify" as female, I believe this problem would soon be solved.
    Sadly, they will likely be sued.

7. Collapse Details

Quote Originally Posted by jazzcyclist View Post
    Imagine if there was a college women's basketball coach so desperate to win that he/she signed a really good transgender player. Because of the nature of the sport, that team would be a shoe-in for the NCAA title.
    And where exactly are those transgender athletes? Do they suddenly pop up because a coach wants to sign them?

8. Collapse Details

Quote Originally Posted by user4 View Post
    Im going to toss an idea out there that this could be a slow process as women are biologically somewhat less competitive by nature. A greater proportion of them simply want to be the best they can be. It is the parents (and moreso the fathers) that might be the ones to raise hell over this.

The very reason we have female-only competitions could be the reason why females are not as likely to make an issue out of having transgender athletes as competition. Im just thinking outside the bun!
    If women were as complacent as you seem to believe there would be no Title IX.

9. Collapse Details

Quote Originally Posted by TN1965 View Post
    And where exactly are those transgender athletes? Do they suddenly pop up because a coach wants to sign them?
    They would come from the same place the transgender track athletes came from. I would have thought that shame would deter a male athlete from going this route but I was wrong.

10. Collapse Details

Quote Originally Posted by jazzcyclist View Post
    They would come from the same place the transgender track athletes came from. I would have thought that shame would deter a male athlete from going this route but I was wrong.
    And where are those track athletes? June Eastwood of b-ball would not turn a struggling team to a D1 national champion.