Facts, Not Fiction

Page 6 of 14 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast
  1. Collapse Details

Quote Originally Posted by ATK View Post
    Imagine breaking the steeple WR, moving to #2 or #3 all time in the triple jump, #4 all time in the discus, or breaking multiple Usain Bolt meet records, then being told by the governing body that your event isn't worth keeping in thier premier series.

In the next 2-3 Olympics cycles, they will probably only have the 100m, Long Jump and Shot Put on the program.
    By that time a coalition of sponsors will create their own global or Euro T&F circuit, with a distance run (5K/10K) to start and/or end the meet. To hell with the DL if they trim the schedule further!

2. Collapse Details

???? ???? in Ronald MacDonald's Home Town, and once a Duck always a Duck.
    Quote Originally Posted by CookyMonzta View Post
    By that time a coalition of sponsors will create their own global or Euro T&F circuit, with a distance run (5K/10K) to start and/or end the meet. To hell with the DL if they trim the schedule further!
    If such a thing was possible I think it already would have happened....

3. Collapse Details

Quote Originally Posted by mungo man View Post
    Reading between the lines, it seems that if an athlete is too dominant in an event, there is a high risk that the event will be dropped. IAAF says people want to see head to head competition.
    As if to say Bolt and his multiple 19.5x meet performances wore out the 200, and they see the same thing coming with Lyles.

If CC gets any faster, and ET gets her mojo back, will they trash the 100 as well? >:-X

4. Collapse Details

Quote Originally Posted by Conor Dary View Post
    If such a thing was possible I think it already would have happened....
    Because the athletes haven't made enough noise as of yet to force the issue out in the open. When the IAAF starts coercing the IOC into getting rid of some events, then you'll hear the athletes scream bloody murder. [I would make an exception for the 10K, but only if they put it on the road.]

5. Collapse Details

???? ???? in Ronald MacDonald's Home Town, and once a Duck always a Duck.
    Because the athletes haven't made enough noise as of yet to force the issue out in the open. When the IAAF starts coercing the IOC into getting rid of some events, then you'll hear the athletes scream bloody murder. [I would make an exception for the 10K, but only if they put it on the road.]
    Athletes now are screaming...And few are listening I am afraid....

6. Collapse Details

Administrator
    As if to say Bolt and his multiple 19.5x meet performances wore out the 200, and they see the same thing coming with Lyles.
    slightly playing devil's advocate here, the 100 is "clearly" the most popular event in the sport. Every DL promoter will be absolutely thrilled to know that he can now stage a full-blown 100 in his meet, instead of having a rule by which every second year it wouldn't ahve DL status. He'd much rather do that than be forced to stage a 200, to which only "half" of the 100 studs would show up for. In terms of pure pragmatism, it's a win-win, for the meet promoters and hence, for the sport as a whole.

7. Collapse Details

In response, Christian Taylor is starting "The Athletics Association - A unified voice for professional Track & Field Athletes"

https://twitter.com/Taylored2jump/st...524802/photo/1
    Last edited by ATK; 11-08-2019 at 12:13 AM.

8. Collapse Details

In response, Christian Taylor is starting "The Athletics Association - A unified voice for professional Track & Field Athletes"
    Right on, CT!

We will fight for athlete’s rights and ultimately demand a seat at the table and a say in how our sport is run and how the sport can grow and evolve without ripping out its very core. . . . . I refuse to give up on this sport and will do all I can to get real answers from the people currently running it.

9. Collapse Details

Hope he has more success than Adam Nelson did.

10. Collapse Details

https://twitter.com/Taylored2jump/st...524802/photo/1
    I see DAS is on board!

If he expands this to establish a track circuit outside of the Diamond League, how much money would it take to hold at least 6 meets (one in late-June, 2 in July, 2 in August and one in early-September) at respectable locations that would attract a decent crowd? Does Rieti still have a meet there?