Facts, Not Fiction

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234
  1. Collapse Details

user4 - you must think like all of us. You must think like all of us. You must think like all of us. You must...
    You there, on the motorbike! Sell me one of your melons!

2. Collapse Details

Quote Originally Posted by user4 View Post
    we are probably from different generations, you wouldnt understand.
    We are likely from the same generation and I definitely understand.

3. Collapse Details

we are probably from different generations, you wouldnt understand.
    I still consider Wottle's 800m win one of the greatest olympic races of all time, but Im not going to lie about the cap during the anthem.
    I subscribe to Pego's policy, here I go - I am 68, served in the military for 20 years and find your view decidedly un-American, and frankly, lacking in any kind of awareness of what true patriotism is. But that's just me.

4. Collapse Details

from an IP that never sent jazz that PM, never !
    Quote Originally Posted by Atticus View Post
    I subscribe to Pego's policy, here I go - I am 68, served in the military for 20 years and find your view decidedly un-American, and frankly, lacking in any kind of awareness of what true patriotism is. But that's just me.

Well I appreciate you calling me un-American, I will quote you on that, as I need the street cred !

Let me expand on my answer because that is what user4 always does. For the record, I found Wottle's complete unawareness in wearing his cap as woefully cavalier. Im being kind, and while Im not here to adjudicate anything as Im just one American with an opinion (that people love to hear), I find it just a bit hard to believe that he oh-well just kinda forgot.

I also understand that the flag represents our liberty and freedom and it is the greatest thing that Americans can voice their opinions on every topic and never fear retribution of any kind by officialdom. It is this deep sense of liberty that we inherited from our founders. This right that we can do and say what we want with our lives in a world where the vast majority of people can never imagine such liberty. This is why we are so grateful. And our gratitude is for the men and women that died for this fantastic never before seen liberty. Folks that gave up everything under that flag for those of us that they didnt even know, they breathed their last breath just imagining what they were dying for.

And we have the honor to display our appreciation when we quietly stand at attention with hat off. Our respect for the flag is the respect for all those that lost life that we might live it in liberty. It is one small way that we have to show in public our love for them and our devotion to them.
    Last edited by user4; 10-21-2019 at 07:51 PM.

5. Collapse Details

This right that we can do and say what we want with our lives in a world where the vast majority of people can never imagine such liberty. This is why we are so grateful.
    Oh, I apologize - we definitely DO agree. People who burn the flag, or kneel, or leave their hats on are absolutely enjoying that very freedom we both esteem so highly.

6. Collapse Details

My son was in HS during Wottle's glory days. He tried to emulate Wottle in every way: performance, straggly hair, wispy mustache and painters cap...
    I never took Wottles failure to remove his cap as anything but youthful unawareness of time and place with no underlying message. I don't even recall any criticism at the time.... just amusement, he was a kid who just won an Olympic gold medal..

7. Collapse Details

from an IP that never sent jazz that PM, never !
    Quote Originally Posted by Atticus View Post
    Oh, I apologize - we definitely DO agree. People who burn the flag, or kneel, or leave their hats on are absolutely enjoying that very freedom we both esteem so highly.
    I appreciate your magnanimity in finding agreement with an un-American fellow like me.
    Last edited by user4; 10-21-2019 at 08:41 PM.

8. Collapse Details

Administrator
    and that's enough of that