Facts, Not Fiction

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1. Collapse Details
    Kenyans in US colleges
    Tennessee was bragging that they finished 5th at Arturo Barrios Invite. Not sure if that's a big deal or not. But the Vols finished behind Florida and also MTSU, who won with what looks like a lineup of Kenyans. Some people frown on bringing in Kenyans, but as long as it's legal, I'm all for it. I want to win. No one ever says a word that college tennis is dominated by foreign players.

https://flashresults.com/2020_Meets/...1_compiled.htm

2. Collapse Details

???? ???? in Ronald MacDonald's Home Town, and once a Duck always a Duck.
    The foreign force is great....I have friends from England whose son is running for Boise State...

3. Collapse Details

Aussies have been having an influence in the NCAA; just at Wisconsin you have a 1/3 in the 1500 the last two years, XC, 3000/5000i, 5000 outdoor. This year there is another Sydney-area frosh. In addition, there seem to be a growing number from NZ. England has always had a few making big impacts, etc. So, it extends beyond Kenyans.

4. Collapse Details

And let's not forget the Irish.

5. Collapse Details

It's rare that American citizens win every event at the NCAA track & field championships. I can't remember the last time it happened (good research project). That's because you have to include the relays, all the field events, and all the running events.

6. Collapse Details

Don't forget our Canadian imports.

7. Collapse Details

Quote Originally Posted by 26mi235 View Post
    Aussies have been having an influence in the NCAA; just at Wisconsin you have a 1/3 in the 1500 the last two years, XC, 3000/5000i, 5000 outdoor. This year there is another Sydney-area frosh. In addition, there seem to be a growing number from NZ. England has always had a few making big impacts, etc. So, it extends beyond Kenyans.
    Plus Scots like Liz Lynch/McColgan, Meg Ritchie and Josh Kerr.

8. Collapse Details

I would like to know just how many countries are represented in the ncaa track universe.

When I was in college, I was the only American on the team with a full scholarship. We had athletes representing Jamaica, Ghana, Uganda, Hungary, Japan, Russia, Germany, Somalia, Canada, Kenya and probably a few other countries that Iím forgetting. We were a diverse team.

I remember at the time Tennessee bragged about being an all american team, then when they imported a European Javelin thrower, the coach justified it by saying Americans donít throw the Javelin so itís ok.

9. Collapse Details

There have been 5+ Aussies at NCAA finals most year this decade (in both XC and track)

10. Collapse Details

USTFCCCA does good work tracking this. From 2018: https://www.ustfccca.org/2018/06/fea...they-come-from