Facts, Not Fiction

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
  1. Collapse Details

Quote Originally Posted by Conor Dary View Post
    Thanks for the picture!

2. Collapse Details

???? ???? in Ronald MacDonald's Home Town, and once a Duck always a Duck.
    That was on the only 'downhill' on the course....

3. Collapse Details

Both the Pac-12 and the Mountain West (? New Mexico et al) looked almost as flat as a track. And people say the the Wisconsin course is pretty flat; I have run it a lot of times and multiple times climbing a net of 100' with a very sharp 50' segment and multiple other climbs and drops does not remotely feel like a semi-flat course. Come out next Friday [Great Lakes Regionals] and see for yourself but remember to bring warm clothes, as in low-mid 20s, wind chill in the teens (or -5C/-10C for those with metric preference). If you do, stop by and say hi to the guy with a bullhorn wearing the blue jackets. BTW this is as cold a mid-Fall as I have seen in 30 years here.

4. Collapse Details

Quote Originally Posted by 26mi235 View Post
    BTW this is as cold a mid-Fall as I have seen in 30 years here.
    1991 was a doozy

5. Collapse Details

Quote Originally Posted by 26mi235 View Post
    Both the Pac-12 and the Mountain West (? New Mexico et al) looked almost as flat as a track.
    While not having the ability to run the course to prove it, from my perspective as an ex-XC athlete and a visitor at yesterday's Monmouth course for the Pac-12 championships, the course is essentially flat. There was a 20-foot-high berm they had to run over but as we said back in the day, big whoop!

6. Collapse Details

It seems like the weather predictions could change a bit by the 15th of November.

7. Collapse Details

Quote Originally Posted by Black September View Post
    It seems like the weather predictions could change a bit by the 15th of November.
    Duh, I was just focusing on Friday, not which week. I sure hope we are close to the "normal" temps of 44 high/34 low

8. Collapse Details

On a Homer note, Wisconsin's men won their 50th Big Ten title beating Purdue and Indiana who had been ranked above them; Oliver Hoare wins the mens race. Women next.

9. Collapse Details

Alicia Monson of Wisconsin won the women's race. Michigan State beat Wisconsin for the team title.

10. Collapse Details

The Regional meets are tomorrow, Friday, and weather can be a factor this time of year. The Buffalo course has been ruled unsafe and they are running the race on roads at the golf course, site of the race. Madison was spared additional snow last night but has still had 16 inches so far since the end of October, 15 inches more than normal. I am heading to the course to see what has been done for snow removal and for paths the spectators and coaches use to move around the course.