Facts, Not Fiction

Page 6 of 23 FirstFirst ... 4567816 ... LastLast
  1. Collapse Details

Quote Originally Posted by Atticus View Post
    Speaking of which . . . you are assuming I didn't do MY homework. Which, of course, I did. Here's a representative article:

https://www.runnersworld.com/news/a2...-percent-work/

You can keep calling me a dunder-head, but I did do the homework. I just remain unconvinced of the value of the term '4% less energy' in the real world of the stop-watch. I apologize if this really upsets you.
    Glad you did your homework, the work you neglected was to research how many people reading your posts are mind readers.

2. Collapse Details

Administrator
    some interesting background in this piece that was posted to our home page a few days back

https://www.offtheball.com/other-spo...e-shoes-913679

includes this bit (BF mine), quotes by noted trackwriter Cathel Dennehy:

"It's technological doping, really," he noted of Kipchoge's involvement with Nike and their tailor-made running shoes for the Kenyan's benefit.

"They have the best minds in the world working on making the fastest shoes in the world.

"The way they do it is a bit dubious because it came out early in 2016, and the prototype was only given out to their special few. Other Nike athletes even who are professional athletes still don't get this certain shoe.

"They have a mass-market version of this shoe that you can buy for about €300, but the ones the elites wear is a different shoe personalised for them and is far more effective."

3. Collapse Details

That just sounds like savvy marketing. It's all just about selling shoes.

4. Collapse Details

It’s just a bloody shoe, for God’s sake. It doesn’t have a motor in it.

5. Collapse Details

That's next. :-)

6. Collapse Details

Administrator
    fwiw, remember that faced with a similar revolution swimming banned those super-speedy suits a few years back

7. Collapse Details

Quote Originally Posted by gh View Post
    fwiw, remember that faced with a similar revolution swimming banned those super-speedy suits a few years back
    We can stick with track- remember the brush spike?

https://www.puma-catchup.com/the-forbidden-shoe/

8. Collapse Details

???? ???? in Ronald MacDonald's Home Town, and once a Duck always a Duck.
    The shoe Kipchoge ran 2:00:25 is on sale for a discount....so as noted all marketing hype...it's just a shoe....running on hard roads....just have marathons on mondo track surfaces with fancy spikes ....that will solve everything....

Anyways as I noted before the non sponsored American 2:10 had no problem getting a shoe and seem quite happy...

Btw Cathel Dennehy wrote an article in RW the day after how great the race was....he likes to play both sides I see.

9. Collapse Details

Technological doping is the dumbest phrase I have ever heard....these people are insane...doping is banned because it's DANGEROUS....and long term unhealthy....so tying these shoes in with PEDs is moronic...

No one will die using these shoes..if anything it will keep athletes healthier..sure a few athletes may have a slight! advantage for awhile but that won't last....

The one event that captures the non running public's imagination and the Pooh Bears immediately can't stand it....good thing they weren't around when Bannister ran ...

10. Collapse Details

Quote Originally Posted by gh View Post
    Who cares what swimming does....Btw the biggest problem with those suits was they were very expensive, lasted only a race or 2, and took a bloody half hour to put on....not at all comparable to these shoes...