Facts, Not Fiction

Page 21 of 21 FirstFirst ... 11192021
  1. Collapse Details

Just couldn't resist the rithmatic

2. Collapse Details

Quote Originally Posted by Conor Dary View Post
    I was really surprised how high his pulse rate went up at, for Symmonds, a pretty easy pace....
    Same here!

3. Collapse Details

Quote Originally Posted by Powell View Post
    But there's no reason to wear them except in competition. For a top class marathon runner, even if they have to pay for them, buying one pair every 3 marathons really isn't a issue.
    Biggest avoidable mistake in marathon running is to race in a pair of shoes that you have not run it. Maybe the world is a lot different now than in my racing days but that is just a no-no.

4. Collapse Details

Quote Originally Posted by 26mi235 View Post
    Biggest avoidable mistake in marathon running is to race in a pair of shoes that you have not run it. Maybe the world is a lot different now than in my racing days but that is just a no-no.
    Agreed. You need a least a long training run in them prior, and that would be after a couple of short runs.

5. Collapse Details

Quote Originally Posted by 26mi235 View Post
    A new pair of the same model needs significantly less "breaking in" than a new model.

6. Collapse Details

Quote Originally Posted by gh View Post
    fwiw, remember that faced with a similar revolution swimming banned those super-speedy suits a few years back
    And here's the latest line of carbon technology racing suits...

https://www.swimmingworldmagazine.co...lympic-season/

Arena Announces Its 2020 Collection:

arena is proud to announce the launch of a comprehensive Powerskin range of carbon racing suits for 2020 to satisfy the diverse needs of all swimmers. Introducing two brand new suits the Powerskin Carbon Glide and Core FX the range also includes the Carbon Air2 and Carbon Duo, which had successful releases earlier this year, thus giving competitive swimmers four options, each featuring different attributes and benefits.