Facts, Not Fiction

Page 18 of 21 FirstFirst ... 81617181920 ... LastLast
  1. Collapse Details

???? ???? in Ronald MacDonald's Home Town, and once a Duck always a Duck.
    It hard to see how fast this guy is actually running...or how long he could keep it up. ...those boots must weigh a ton... more hype than anything else...

2. Collapse Details

Quote Originally Posted by 26mi235 View Post
    1.1% passes the laugh test, but this is a point estimate and only gives us an idea about the true level. Also, what is the comparison point, the best alternative racing shoe?
    Nike Zoom Streak 6 and Adidas Adios Boost 2, according to the RW article.

3. Collapse Details

???? ???? in Ronald MacDonald's Home Town, and once a Duck always a Duck.
    Don't you have to start at some base level like barefoot....what would Abebe Bikila run in Vapor Flys...

4. Collapse Details

Quote Originally Posted by trackCanuck View Post
    Let Kipchoge go run a race in an oldfangled pair of shoes and wow us with the time, then that variable is off the table for once. If he's really that amazing, he doesn't need Vaporflippers.

I always love kicking someone's ass in a pool when they're wearing flippers. Honest to God, get a life.
    Put him in the same shoes as is competitors, which is probably going to be the case most of the time (they did not put the watch in special shoes...) and the evidence is that he will win, just like he has done repeatedly and more reliably than anyone in history by a large margin. Find someone whose only loss is an early career race second to a World Record. The only one close is Bakila but the n is small in a different world.

The difference between the shoes that I raced (and trained in) 'ordinary' top shoes is vastly larger than between the new VF and ordinary top racing shoes. The shoes are not exclusively available to EK and apparently are even available to medium-level pros with no connection to Nike. Get your underwear a size larger...

5. Collapse Details

Put him in the same shoes as is competitors, which is probably going to be the case most of the time (they did not put the watch in special shoes...) and the evidence is that he will win, just like he has done repeatedly and more reliably than anyone in history by a large margin. .
    And the last time that happened was.....? Berlin 2015?

6. Collapse Details

Put him in the same shoes as is competitors, which is probably going to be the case most of the time (they did not put the watch in special shoes...) and the evidence is that he will win, just like he has done repeatedly and more reliably than anyone in history by a large margin. Find someone whose only loss is an early career race second to a World Record. The only one close is Bakila but the n is small in a different world.

The difference between the shoes that I raced (and trained in) 'ordinary' top shoes is vastly larger than between the new VF and ordinary top racing shoes. The shoes are not exclusively available to EK and apparently are even available to medium-level pros with no connection to Nike. Get your underwear a size larger...
    I am surprised that the mods. let you get away with being so obnoxious, while discussing a topic on which there is clearly room for different opinions.

7. Collapse Details

And the last time that happened was.....? Berlin 2015?
    Well, someone won the Olympic Marathon, and if you think that was because of shoes, then I really do not know what world you are living in. Do you think that he had better shoes than the guy in third? This stuff is just getting luidicrous, from what people are asserting here Kipchoge should have about 4 fewer wins and four more losses. The shoes might be an advantage, but it does not have a motor, it is not an exclusive shoe, and I would be embarrassed to make the sort of statements that have been made in this thread about 25 times or more. Sour grapes must taste really good.

8. Collapse Details

Well, someone won the Olympic Marathon, and if you think that was because of shoes, then I really do not know what world you are living in. Do you think that he had better shoes than the guy in third? This stuff is just getting luidicrous, from what people are asserting here Kipchoge should have about 4 fewer wins and four more losses. The shoes might be an advantage, but it does not have a motor, it is not an exclusive shoe, and I would be embarrassed to make the sort of statements that have been made in this thread about 25 times or more. Sour grapes must taste really good.
    I want to know when Kip last raced in regular shoes. Just the facts.

9. Collapse Details

I want to know when Kip last raced in regular shoes. Just the facts.
    Please define "regular shoes."

For example, what Frank Shorter wore in 1972 was different from what Emil Zatopek wore in 1952. Were Shorter's shoes "regular" compared to Zatopek's shoes?
    Last edited by bobguild76; 10-27-2019 at 03:26 PM.

10. Collapse Details

If regular means what others can wear even if they are not Nike athletes, then it has been happening for months with the newest shoe. Do you think the EK got better shoes than Mo? So if you mean where some of his key competitors did not have shoes somewhat comparable, the answer is never - aside from one and maybe two non-races.
    Last edited by 26mi235; 10-28-2019 at 05:01 PM.