Facts, Not Fiction

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
  1. Collapse Details

Quote Originally Posted by gh View Post
    It could be argued that that's a particularly U.S.-centric view of the world, and that the second most important meet of the year was the DL Final, and not only did Muhammad lose there, she also finished 3rd, not 2nd.
    Agree. Muhammad only finishing third at DL final does count against her. Hassan also has the Mile WR and I think would be the favourite ignoring NOP fallout.

Otherwise if you want undefeated I think you’re on Mihambo or Naser. Rojas for quality of marks but with two losses is the other contender outside Kosgei who is very difficult to rank (as with all marathoners or multi eventers).

2. Collapse Details

Quote Originally Posted by beebee View Post
    TWO WR's in the two biggest meets of the year.
    Warholm's top competitors were not healthy.
    Benjamin was perfectly healthy when Warholm beat him in Zurich, running faster than Samba’s PB.

3. Collapse Details

Quote Originally Posted by gh View Post
    It could be argued that that's a particularly U.S.-centric view of the world, and that the second most important meet of the year was the DL Final, and not only did Muhammad lose there, she also finished 3rd, not 2nd.
    I meant the competition, and that she went through rounds...
    I'm with LopenUupunut, Hassan and Kosgei are more deserving.

4. Collapse Details

Quote Originally Posted by Grasshopper View Post
    It could also be argued that the women’s 400h record wasn’t nearly as strong as those for other events since it’s a relatively young event. For example, Warholm’s 46.92 is worth 1288 points on the IAAF scoring table while Muhammad’s 52.16 WR is only worth 1263 points.
    That's a major reason why I see 48.14 as being quite a bit better than 52.16. Also when I look at the only 2 women to have run faster than 48.14, it makes Naser look that much better. The women ahead of Hassan are not in the company of Koch and Kratochvilova.

5. Collapse Details

Quote Originally Posted by Grasshopper View Post
    It could also be argued that the women’s 400h record wasn’t nearly as strong as those for other events since it’s a relatively young event. For example, Warholm’s 46.92 is worth 1288 points on the IAAF scoring table while Muhammad’s 52.16 WR is only worth 1263 points.
    Come on, really? A few folks here tried similar crap attempting to taint Kosgei's WR, suggesting it was wind assisted(the winds were swirling in all directions Sunday here in Chicago)

6. Collapse Details

Quote Originally Posted by trackCanuck View Post
    The women ahead of Hassan are not in the company of Koch and Kratochvilova.
    Thank god for that.

7. Collapse Details

???? ???? in Ronald MacDonald's Home Town, and once a Duck always a Duck.
    Come on, really? A few folks here tried similar crap attempting to taint Kosgei's WR, suggesting it was wind assisted(the winds were swirling in all directions Sunday here in Chicago)
    Wind assisted on a loop course....that's a new one...

8. Collapse Details

Thank god for that.
    You need to do some homework.

9. Collapse Details

Hassan was defeated 5 times in 16 finals this year. So, I don't see how she could be in contention for this award. It's between Muhammad & Kosgei for me.

I still maintain Warholm should be a landslide winner of the men's award - he was undefeated AND had a season for the ages. Which of the other nominees does that apply to?

10. Collapse Details

Administrator
    In the IAAF sense (as opposed to the T&FN sense, where XC doesn't count), Cheptegei probably deserves a bit more love: World XC gold, WC 10K gold, won DL Final 5K.