Facts, Not Fiction

 
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 13
  1. Collapse Details
    New IAAF rules for transgender athletes
    #1
    MtF transgender athletes must lower testosterone to 5 nmol/l for 12 months before competing (same as the intersex regulation) down from 10 nmol/l.

    https://www.smh.com.au/sport/athleti...15-p530sx.html
    Reply With Quote
     

  2. Collapse Details
     
    #2
    New WA rules for transgender athletes
    https://www.iaaf.org/download/downlo...October%202019
    Reply With Quote
     

  3. Collapse Details
     
    #3
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Location
    Rohe o Te Whanau a Apanui
    Posts
    6,592
    Quote Originally Posted by rhizobium View Post
    MtF transgender athletes must lower testosterone to 5 nmol/l for 12 months before competing (same as the intersex regulation) down from 10 nmol/l.

    https://www.smh.com.au/sport/athleti...15-p530sx.html
    I just find this so much BS. Being a ball-less male will never make you a female for sporting purposes as far as I am concerned. Every time I see NZs Laurel Hubbard in the women’s weightlifting it just makes me want puke.
    Reply With Quote
     

  4. Collapse Details
     
    #4
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2017
    Location
    SoCal
    Posts
    1,064
    Quote Originally Posted by Tuariki View Post
    I just find this so much BS. Being a ball-less male will never make you a female for sporting purposes as far as I am concerned. Every time I see NZs Laurel Hubbard in the women’s weightlifting it just makes me want puke.
    I agree 100% with you but I think it just makes you want to puke rather than it just makes you want puke
    Reply With Quote
     

  5. Collapse Details
     
    #5
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Abilene, TX
    Posts
    2,135
    Quote Originally Posted by Tuariki View Post
    I just find this so much BS. Being a ball-less male will never make you a female for sporting purposes as far as I am concerned. Every time I see NZs Laurel Hubbard in the women’s weightlifting it just makes me want puke.
    Yep. Even 12 YEARS of lowering test can't reverse going through PUBERTY as a male, and having things that affect athletics etched in stone.
    You there, on the motorbike! Sell me one of your melons!
    Reply With Quote
     

  6. Collapse Details
     
    #6
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2013
    Location
    Goldsmith
    Posts
    135
    Better than it was, but still ridiculous. No need to make some human guinea pigs, even if voluntary, at the expense of the entire female sex athletic category. Yes, it should be sex and the issue will come up once a trans competitor is world class dominant in a track and field event. But I seem to recall we just went through a 10-year circus over somebody who was force fit into the female sex category, costing other competitors medals and championships and dollars.
    Reply With Quote
     

  7. Collapse Details
     
    #7
    I'm not sure what you mean by "force fit". She self-identified as a female for her entire life. Nobody forced her to do that or to compete as a female. What's now being done is forcing her out of that category, unless she is willing to do something about her unusual condition. (And I, for one, have no problem with what the IAAF has now done in her case.)
    Reply With Quote
     

  8. Collapse Details
     
    #8
    Quote Originally Posted by tandfman View Post
    I'm not sure what you mean by "force fit". She self-identified as a female for her entire life. Nobody forced her to do that or to compete as a female.
    Lawyers force-fit Semenya into the female category against the IAAF's will, not against Semenya's will.
    Reply With Quote
     

  9. Collapse Details
     
    #9
    Are you suggesting that the IAAF wanted to call her a male?
    Reply With Quote
     

  10. Collapse Details
     
    #10
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    right here
    Posts
    16,054
    Quote Originally Posted by tandfman View Post
    Are you suggesting that the IAAF wanted to call her a male?
    Not a male per se, just not female enough to compete in the female category. It's not an either-or thing.
    Było smaszno, a jaszmije smukwijne...
    Reply With Quote
     

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •