Facts, Not Fiction

1. Collapse Details
    Help With Wind Readings From 1976 Montreal Olympics
    I'm trying to track (no pun intended) down the fastest legal 100H by an Indiana HS hurdler.

I know Rhonda Brady of Calumet HS ran in the 1976 Olympic Trials as a high school junior, clocking 13.68w in the heats, 13.34w in the semis, and won the final in 13.25w...but as noted all three marks were wind-aided (over 5.0 in the final).

I also know she ran 13.84 in her heat at the 1976 Montreal Olympics, but this source does not list wind readings and my T&FN back issues (which likely had wind readings) doesn't go back that far.

https://www.sports-reference.com/oly...round-one.html

Any help in determining if Brady's 13.84 was with a legal wind? Interestingly, Brady did not compete for her HS team during the 1976 season (prepping for the Olympics?) which was her junior year. The next year she was the Indiana HS State Champ in the 100 and runnerup at 200, but didn't compete in the 100H...so she never won a state title in the event she was an Olympian!

Thanks!

2. Collapse Details

Administrator

3. Collapse Details

Quote Originally Posted by gh View Post
    Thanks! I suspect Brady may have run faster than 13.84 in other 100H races during her HS career (she won the AAU Jr. from 1975-1977), but I also suspect there were no wind readings for those other performances. If anyone knows of a better time for Brady with a legal wind reading, I'd be interesting in knowing about it!

4. Collapse Details

Administrator
    HS Track of 1979 (the first with an all-time girls list in it) lists Brady with legal marks of 13.2h, 13.53 and 13.56 from '76

5. Collapse Details

HS Track of 1979 (the first with an all-time girls list in it) lists Brady with legal marks of 13.2h, 13.53 and 13.56 from '76
    Great stuff and much appreciated!

6. Collapse Details

Saw the thread title, glanced at first post, next thought was "the windless Olympics..."

7. Collapse Details

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2V3CfD8TPac