Facts, Not Fiction

Thread: Whj wr

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
  1. Collapse Details

'78 PAC 8 championships at Oregon State

https://www.youthrunner.com/news/sto...t-oregon-state

"On May 19, 1978 the PAC 8 championships were held there. Competing for UCLA was Mike Tully in the pole vault. He cleared 18’ 8 ¾” and it was measured as such. Unfortunately during the remeasurement, which is required by the IAAF, the bar fell and, according to rules, the recognized clearance had to be lowered to 18’ 8” Still it was only fate that suggested that Tully & the OSU field were denied a World Record."

2. Collapse Details

???? ???? in Ronald MacDonald's Home Town, and once a Duck always a Duck.
    I remember that well being in Eugene at the time....horrible by the officials..

3. Collapse Details

I don't think the officials should have steadied the bar, but on the other hand, it didn't look to me like a wobble that was likely to fall off. It was a pretty minor brush compared to many I've seen that did not fall off. I'd go so far as to say that it looked to me like the pegs didn't move at all, the bar just bounced vertically.

4. Collapse Details

Administrator
    one other piece of crucial info that we don't know, of course, is which official was in charge of calling make or miss. It's entirely possible that neither of the bar minions were responsible and had been given the go-ahead by the head judge.