Facts, Not Fiction

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast
  1. Collapse Details
    Nia Ali loves track boys.
    She has one child with Michael Tinsley and another with Andre De Grasse. Seems she is trying to create superhuman tracksters. Seems Sanya and Ashton Eato's kid will have some challengers add Alkysons daughter to the list too.

2. Collapse Details

Quote Originally Posted by fasttrak85 View Post
    She has one child with Michael Tinsley and another with Andre De Grasse.
    Wow! How did I miss that? Talk about athletic expectations . . . It'll be cool if they became great artists.

3. Collapse Details

Marion Jones had children with Tim Montgomery and Obadele Thompson. The oldest of those, Tim Montgomery jr., is 16 now, so I guess if he was to be a track star, we'd already have heard about his exploits.
    Było smaszno, a jaszmije smukwijne...

4. Collapse Details

Tirunesh Dibaba and Sihine's kids

5. Collapse Details

Quote Originally Posted by Juicy News View Post
    Tirunesh Dibaba and Sihine's kids
    Shishkebaba and Tahini? sorry....

track couples whose names rhyme with cuisine...
    Last edited by trackCanuck; 10-10-2019 at 01:44 PM.

6. Collapse Details

Quote Originally Posted by fasttrak85 View Post
    She has one child with Michael Tinsley and another with Andre De Grasse. Seems she is trying to create superhuman tracksters. Seems Sanya and Ashton Eato's kid will have some challengers add Alkysons daughter to the list too.
    LOL!!! Just because mom and dad were good in track, that do not mean their kids will be.

Now that we are on this subject, can anyone think of an instance where mom and dad was very good at track and field and so were their kids?

I can think of instances where mom/dad was good at track and field, but their kids were mediocre at best.

7. Collapse Details

Quote Originally Posted by The Klingon View Post
    Now that we are on this subject, can anyone think of an instance where mom and dad was very good at track and field and so were their kids?
    One obvious example is Hal and Olga Connolly, both Olympic gold medalists and parents of Jim Connolly, an NCAA decathlon champion.

8. Collapse Details

Quote Originally Posted by The Klingon View Post
    LOL!!! Just because mom and dad were good in track, that do not mean their kids will be.

I can think of instances where mom/dad was good at track and field, but their kids were mediocre at best.
    Yelizaveta Bryzgina (daughter of Viktor and Olga) was pretty good until she got busted, I think she still has an Oly relay medal though it's hard to keep track.

Oksana Kondratyeva (daughter of Lyudmila Kondratyeva and Yuriy Sedykh) is still #10 on the wHT all-time list. (Alexia Sedykh, Sedykh's daughter with Lisovskaya, was a repeat medalist on the age-group level but never made it in the senior ranks.)

9. Collapse Details

And then there's Cameron Burrell. His parents (Leroy Burrell and MIchelle Finn) were both Olympic relay gold medalists, and he was last year's NCAA 100m champion.

10. Collapse Details

Quote Originally Posted by tandfman View Post
    And then there's Cameron Burrell. His parents (Leroy Burrell and MIchelle Finn) were both Olympic relay gold medalists, and he was last year's NCAA 100m champion.
    Drats! Beat me to it.