Facts, Not Fiction

Page 6 of 10 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast
  1. Collapse Details

Quote Originally Posted by gh View Post
    given the Diackian machinations that surrounded the awarding of this year's meet to Doha, not sure you can ascribe any "IAAF priorities" that jibe with reality.
    There may indeed have been Diackian machinations, but Coe has said that he voted for Doha. He wasn't the President then, but if he had been, the result might have been the same.

2. Collapse Details

I will probably get ran off the board for saying this, but, I look at it this way, if you were not at the meet, then don't complain about the empty seats. Hey I am just saying.

3. Collapse Details

Quote Originally Posted by Atticus View Post
    Hey, no way TrackTownUSA would gouge you . . .
    I hope you were being sarcastic when you say this. LOL!!!! We had finish line seats in Khalifa International Stadium in Doha. The price on the tickets were 246.00 QAR. That is about $67.56 U.S. dollars. I will bet you dollars to donuts, that you will not find a finish line ticket in Eugene for 67.00 dollars. Hey, I am just saying.

4. Collapse Details

Quote Originally Posted by The Klingon View Post
    The price on the tickets were 246.00 QAR. That is about $67.56 U.S. dollars.
    Wow!!! The laws of supply and demand are amazing, aren't they?

5. Collapse Details

???? ???? in Ronald MacDonald's Home Town, and once a Duck always a Duck.
    I will probably get ran off the board for saying this, but, I look at it this way, if you were not at the meet, then don't complain about the empty seats. Hey I am just saying.
    That's the silliest thing I think I have ever heard here .. besides it is just pointing out reality...

Of all the things I could think of doing spending 10 days in Doha is so far down the list it is hard to overstate....
    Last edited by Conor Dary; 10-12-2019 at 02:32 AM.

6. Collapse Details

Quote Originally Posted by Conor Dary View Post
    That's the silliest thing I think I have ever heard here...
    Oh well. Be that as it may. But I said it once, I will say it again, and I will say it a thousand times, if you were not at the meet, do not complain about the empty seats.

7. Collapse Details

???? ???? in Ronald MacDonald's Home Town, and once a Duck always a Duck.
    You can repeat it til the cows come home it's still ridiculous....I wouldn't have gone to Doha, especially this time of year, even if was free....

Frankly I wouldn't say something like that to a Eugenian about a meet at Hayward....they would think I was out of my mind...

Besides as I stated I wasn't complaining...I couldn't care less how many went to the meet....it was more comical than anything else....
    Last edited by Conor Dary; 10-12-2019 at 03:01 AM.

8. Collapse Details

You can repeat it til the cows come home it's still ridiculous....I wouldn't have gone to Doha, especially this time of year, even if was free....

Frankly I wouldn't say something like that to a Eugenian about a meet at Hayward....they would think I was out of my mind...

Besides as I stated I wasn't complaining...I couldn't care less how many went to the meet....it was more comical than anything else....
    Ok. Whatever.

9. Collapse Details

Of all the things I could think of doing spending 10 days in Doha is so far down the list it is hard to overstate....
    Of all the things I could think of doing, spending 10 days at a World Championships is at the top of my list.

10. Collapse Details

Oh well. Be that as it may. But I said it once, I will say it again, and I will say it a thousand times, if you were not at the meet, do not complain about the empty seats.
    Don't most host sites depend on the local/domestic population for the lion's share of fan support?