Facts, Not Fiction

Page 3 of 20 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast
  1. Collapse Details

Quote Originally Posted by Dave View Post
    This is a sport that is trying to commit suicide.
    You'd prefer the approach of the major US team sports? Turning a blind eye, and, when pushed, punishing with a feather duster...

The IAAF COULD win the PR battle here by persistently arguing that catching folks is a good thing. The shame is that it is most 'catches' are after the fact with the effect of having to rewrite history. And, of course, is everyone stopped doping, we'd presumably still just point fingers and say "why hasn't HE been caught?".

2. Collapse Details

Administrator
    Quote Originally Posted by LuckySpikes View Post
    Other NOP athletes in Doha are Clayton Murphy, Donovan Brazier (both in tomorrow's 800m final!), Craig Engels, Yomif Kejelcha & Jessica Hull. Maybe some of them are coached by Pete Julian instead though?
    I think Pete is an assistant? I don't know if you can be coached by Pete and not coached by Alberto, even if maybe some athletes ended up working more with Pete.

Will be interesting to see what Nike does with the team.

Almost feel bad for the athletes... but not that bad, sorry.

The existence of this investigation has been public for YEARS. All of the athletes knew about it and knew this was a risk.

I will give his athletes the benefit of the doubt, I'm not automatically assuming they are all dirty.

3. Collapse Details

Administrator
    Quote Originally Posted by americantrackfan View Post
    soooo which athletes are getting banned?

if salazar was doping someone i'm sure it wasn't just himself
    They would need specific evidence to ban specific athletes. We know at least part of what got him banned was evidence brought forth by people like Kara Goucher and Steve Magness.

Athletes are always given lighter sentences when they provide material evidence in an investigation like this...

I'm sure more to come.

4. Collapse Details

Guys, it wasn't testosterone. It was just testo-boost. Totally different. Also, the fact that the "whistleblowers" all had thyroid disorders of their own is a total coincidence.

5. Collapse Details

???? ???? in Ronald MacDonald's Home Town, and once a Duck always a Duck.
    Considering the control freak reputation Alberto has it is hard to believe anyone remotely connected to NOP will not be tainted...

6. Collapse Details

Administrator
    Full arbitration decisions posted...

https://www.usada.org/athletes/resul...ion-decisions/

7. Collapse Details

Quote Originally Posted by AS View Post
    You'd prefer the approach of the major US team sports? Turning a blind eye, and, when pushed, punishing with a feather duster...

The IAAF COULD win the PR battle here by persistently arguing that catching folks is a good thing. The shame is that it is most 'catches' are after the fact with the effect of having to rewrite history. And, of course, is everyone stopped doping, we'd presumably still just point fingers and say "why hasn't HE been caught?".
    Pretty much, yeah. Football, baseball, soccer, and basketball all thrive. Track has a world championship where a thousand people show up.

How stupid can the IAAF people be to announce this during the Wc?
    Last edited by Dave; 10-01-2019 at 04:48 AM.

8. Collapse Details

I hope Murphy leaves and returns with his first coach, the one who brought him to run 1.42 (a time which, under Salazar, he never approached again). As for the others, almost all NOP runners improved (Kejelcha, Hassan, Brazier, Klosterhalfen, others) so it will be interesting to see how things move on.

9. Collapse Details

Quote Originally Posted by polevaultpower View Post
    I think Pete is an assistant? I don't know if you can be coached by Pete and not coached by Alberto, even if maybe some athletes ended up working more with Pete.

Will be interesting to see what Nike does with the team.

Almost feel bad for the athletes... but not that bad, sorry.

The existence of this investigation has been public for YEARS. All of the athletes knew about it and knew this was a risk.

I will give his athletes the benefit of the doubt, I'm not automatically assuming they are all dirty.
    How generous you are, any athlete who joined NOP knew what they knew. I will think about it when watching the 800m tonight and Hassan in a couple of days

10. Collapse Details

Quote Originally Posted by MJR View Post
    Just like w/ BALCO, every athlete coached by him during that period needs to be banned as well.
    Didn't that only happen after hearings and due legal process?