Facts, Not Fiction

Page 20 of 20 FirstFirst ... 10181920
  1. Collapse Details

Quote Originally Posted by Conor Dary View Post
    I suspect they all wander to Bowerman TC ...
    It could be Nike's plan to hire Pete Julian as an "assistant coach" at BTC, and run two separate groups within the same club, just like they did with Salazar and Schumacher at NOP. That way, they also have the advantage of sharing other staffs like PT and sports psychologist. It would make no sense for athletes who had great success under Julian to switch coaches, and Nike has no reason to fire those supporting staffs.

2. Collapse Details

Administrator
    Portland paper comes down hard on Nike... see home page

3. Collapse Details

???? ???? in Ronald MacDonald's Home Town, and once a Duck always a Duck.
    Brutal....

"Salazar has maintained that his experiments with testosterone cream stemmed from a fear of sabotage, noting that a trainer had rubbed a wet substance on Nike Oregon Project runner Galen Ruppís back in 2009. While sprinter Justin Gatlin in 2006 blamed a positive test for testosterone on a massage therapist who, he said, rubbed a steroid cream on his legs, the accusation didnít hold up. Salazar, interestingly, scoffed at the idea at the time, and Gatlin was banned for four years from competing in the sport. If there are any legitimate examples of similar acts of sabotage taking place, Nike hasnít come forward with them."

4. Collapse Details

Quote Originally Posted by Conor Dary View Post
    Brutal....

"Salazar has maintained that his experiments with testosterone cream stemmed from a fear of sabotage, noting that a trainer had rubbed a wet substance on Nike Oregon Project runner Galen Rupp’s back in 2009. While sprinter Justin Gatlin in 2006 blamed a positive test for testosterone on a massage therapist who, he said, rubbed a steroid cream on his legs, the accusation didn’t hold up. Salazar, interestingly, scoffed at the idea at the time, and Gatlin was banned for four years from competing in the sport. If there are any legitimate examples of similar acts of sabotage taking place, Nike hasn’t come forward with them."
    How many times have people rethought their positions in light of new information? I have no idea if Salazar is making it up or not but it doesn’t seem implausible. You would expect one of the most effective coaches in the world to be thinking beyond the day to day. I would expect him to be doing risk analysis.

At the same time, I’d expect him to not come forward without having thought through the problem.

5. Collapse Details

"Nike Oregon Project athletes working with coach Pete Julian will stay together"

https://www.oregonlive.com/sports/20...-together.html

6. Collapse Details

Meanwhile...

Itís unclear where the five NOP athletes who worked more directly with Salazar will land, although Nike is expected to continue to sponsor them.

....Also this...that was the whole point...doing everything possible without failing a drug test....

No athlete who trained as a member of the Oregon Project has failed a drug test nor been credibly accused of doping.

7. Collapse Details

John Brant....

Alberto Salazar Told Me He Never Cheated. In His Mind, Heís Telling the Truth

I wrote two books with the coach and have every reason to feel betrayed.

https://www.runnersworld.com/runners...alazar-doping/