Facts, Not Fiction

Page 17 of 22 FirstFirst ... 71516171819 ... LastLast
  1. Collapse Details

???? ???? in Ronald MacDonald's Home Town, and once a Duck always a Duck.
    Anyways this story reminds me of this thread...

https://mobile.twitter.com/Scienceof...aBrH_xQfwnKqDA

2. Collapse Details

2. Have money. No matter your method of cheating, you win on both sides of the equation - money helps you cheat with complexity & sophistication, which is the name of the game. And then *IF* youíre caught, expensive lawyers can amplify it even more, creating doubt for your escape...

3. Collapse Details

Meanwhile....in the Times today....

"Danny Mackey, coach of the elite Brooks Beast training group and a former scientist at Nike who sounded the alarm by calling USADA in 2009, has asked himself whether he would do it all over again. He said the stress of testifying and the threats from a former colleague led to panic attacks and the breakup of his marriage."

https://www.nytimes.com/2019/10/06/s...n-project.html

https://www.letsrun.com/news/2015/08...-at-2015-usas/

4. Collapse Details

"In an interview, and according to a transcript of his testimony in the Salazar case reviewed by The Times, Mackey said he became worn down and went to see Loren Myhre, a top physiologist who worked at Nike. Myhre instructed him to go on a cycle of testosterone and thyroid medication to bring his hormone levels back up to normal and improve his energy. Mackey asked if that was cheating. According to the transcript, Myhre, who died in 2012, told Mackey that many of Salazarís runners received similar treatment and did not get caught, so it must be legal. Mackey wasnít so sure."

5. Collapse Details

GH has a point. As tempting as it is to jump to conclusions, it is unfair to do so. Let's just allow the system to play itself out. Making assumptions based on whose camp an athlete falls into, without some sort of proof, is counterproductive.

6. Collapse Details

This was sworn testimony in the report and reported by The New York Times....

Hardly just assumptions by disinterested parties....

7. Collapse Details

It is still one persons assertion, which is counter to the assertions of others. CAS will have a cut at this. This at the level of taking TdF titles from Sky because they did some 'funnt things' seemingly on par with Salazar. Even the full report does not have most of the material presented in the case, so how am I to know?

8. Collapse Details

Meanwhile...the fallout continues...

https://www.bbc.com/sport/athletics/...LQsVDM-pWtkvN4

9. Collapse Details

Quote Originally Posted by Conor Dary View Post
    Meanwhile...the fallout continues...

https://www.bbc.com/sport/athletics/...LQsVDM-pWtkvN4
    Good!

Neil Black was always an over promoted and nasty piece of work, who clearly was not qualified or good at his job. He's supposed to be in a position of authority but he's still Mo Farah's physio and continues to grant a millionaire lots of financial privileges while other athletes lose funding.

10. Collapse Details

Quote Originally Posted by 26mi235 View Post
    Well, a bit too much of a drip was given to an athlete (and maybe in just one instance; which goes as far down a list of doping violations as there can be, and clearly this is not the type and level of doping that leads to big performance differences. Second, he 'trafficed' in testosterone; I think because he gave it to his son to see what level would show up -- claimed reason was concern about someone contaminating an athlete. Again, none of the athletes are involved. From what I have seen, and it is not unlikely that the is a bit more under the hood somewhere, there is not a case that can be brought against an athlete. One possible conclusions: this is the biggest doping bust of the smallest amount of doping (none on any athlete other an too much of a drip).
    I am not sure I would have used the term trafficking, but it is certainly against the law to give someone a prescription medication that was not intended for them (although common in the real world).

I recall something in the report about him having open vials of illegal substances in the presence of his athletes or in a place where they would be.

I am by no means a law dude, but my father was a pharmacist, for what that is worth. lol