Facts, Not Fiction

Page 9 of 20 FirstFirst ... 789101119 ... LastLast
  1. Collapse Details

Quote Originally Posted by Juicy News View Post
    Paula Radcliffe:

"We talk about how much money has gone into (this investigation)...i think USADA were maybe trying to regain face after the Coleman fiasco.."
    smh at this one

2. Collapse Details

Nick Willis' tweets give me the sense that this is the right outcome. [see story on Home page].

3. Collapse Details

Quote Originally Posted by AS View Post
    Tell that to the cheated athletes who miss out because we can't keep up with the cheaters. Without the prospect of being caught down the track I don't see we have ANY discentive against doping. Only idiots (and the very underresourced) get caught with stuff we already know about.
    Then letís give it up. We can be enthralled by great HS and university performances and forget about post NCAA competition. As we continue with an enforcement regime that at best is four to eight years behind the athlete, only those who inhabit this board and perhaps letís run will continue to care.

4. Collapse Details

Salazar has cooties and so do those athletes that gravitated toward him. He sought an edge and got burned. Good riddance to him and his kind.

5. Collapse Details

Everyone seeks an edge, training does that, so, it is a little more complicated than that.

6. Collapse Details

Quote Originally Posted by Dave View Post
    This should make for an interesting court discussion. I donít think this is over for Salazar.
    Not sure if this was linked elsewhere (Salazar's statement that it is indeed not over).

https://nikeoregonproject.com/blogs/...erto-statement

7. Collapse Details

Quote Originally Posted by Trickstat View Post
    I don't doubt that USADA are aware of the timing but what would be preferable?-

1) They make their announcement just before the Champs and perhaps be seen to be undermining and overshadowing the start of the meet; or

2) Make the announcement after the Champs where many NOP athletes have won medals and leave many people feeling seriously misled about what they have just been watching?
    3) Don't announce it in proximity to the WC at all. The legal process has taken so long it seems like a strange coincidence that the ruling just happened to be ready to be made public right around WC time.

8. Collapse Details

Quote Originally Posted by Conor Dary View Post
    There are lots of reasons why track isn't popular but drugs is probably one on the bottom of the list.... writers like Brennan like to have a holier than thou attitude but the public just doesn't care...
    Maybe in the US, but they certainly do seem to care in many parts of Europe.

9. Collapse Details

Quote Originally Posted by Juicy News View Post
    Paula Radcliffe:

"We talk about how much money has gone into (this investigation)...i think USADA were maybe trying to regain face after the Coleman fiasco.."
    I agree this is not true as the decision to announce the conclusions of the Salazar investigation now was made before the Coleman case reared its head.

10. Collapse Details

Quote Originally Posted by Dave View Post
    This is why I believe T&F is committing suicide. Every time an up and coming or established star is shot down the professional sport is diminished more than if he or she were left alone.

The brouhaha about Coleman was just plain stupid to have been taken public.

Test in the off season, test during the season, test on competition day. But if you canít disqualify an athlete the day of the competition, the results stand. No restesting samples eight years later. I do not give a rats @$$ if someone gets away with something. Let it go.
    Tell that to folk who went up against the East Germans.....!