Facts, Not Fiction

Page 19 of 20 FirstFirst ... 917181920 LastLast
  1. Collapse Details

There is plenty to read in the article if people just aren't lazy and assume things.

1. She was shocked at what transpired (the announcement of the ban).
    2. She knows what to do in her workouts right now and does not really need Alberto much in her training. She tells him what she is doing and gets advice from time to time.
    3. The hardest thing for her is they have a good friendship, a rapport that will be difficult because it is suddenly stopped.
    4. She will figure out what to do as far as coaching after Chicago.
    5. She has never taken drugs, or infusions and did not even know what an L-Carnatine infusion was.
    6. She does not know any NOP athletes that have been involved in any way with drugs or anything illegal.
    7. If there was anything she was aware of or illegal going on, she would have left long ago.
    8. She has no negative views of anyone that came forward with information that led to this and no ill will towards any of them, does not say anything regarding what happened to them, just that she has seen nothing herself while being there.

It really only takes a couple of minutes to read.

2. Collapse Details

Quote Originally Posted by Conor Dary View Post
    "We had coffee once....but that was long ago...."
    Coffee, you say? I believe that is a known PED.

3. Collapse Details

Quote Originally Posted by odelltrclan View Post
    There is plenty to read in the article if people just aren't lazy and assume things.

2. She knows what to do in her workouts right now and does not really need Alberto much in her training. She tells him what she is doing and gets advice from time to time.

It really only takes a couple of minutes to read.
    Sounds like you may have read it too fast. That was prior to the ban, not "right now", and SINCE the ban, "She hasn’t spoken to Salazar, as his ban forbids coaching, even over the phone."

She's telling him nothing and getting no advice. They aren't allowed to speak to each other. If you read it carefully, what you have reported as being ongoing was written in present tense but was obviously meant as past activity. Those words were preceded by the information about the ban on coaching, several paragraphs earlier.

Sincerely,

A lazy reader.

4. Collapse Details

I did not read it too quick, I was quickly summarizing some of the contents IN THE ARTICLE because someone asked for a summary of what the article said. She stated what you quoted in her article, yes, meaning they don't have any contact, but, she was reiterating that did not need him much for her training at this point anyway. She would determine her workouts and he may have occasionally been giving advice on some of what she was doing.

I am glad you actually read or at least perused the article now :-) and not insinuated what she might have been saying as some others attribute to any Salazar athletes.

5. Collapse Details

Quote Originally Posted by odelltrclan View Post
    I did not read it too quick, I was quickly summarizing some of the contents IN THE ARTICLE because someone asked for a summary of what the article said. She stated what you quoted in her article, yes, meaning they don't have any contact, but, she was reiterating that did not need him much for her training at this point anyway. She would determine her workouts and he may have occasionally been giving advice on some of what she was doing.

I am glad you actually read or at least perused the article now :-) and not insinuated what she might have been saying as some others attribute to any Salazar athletes.
    I just didn't understand why your second point #2 (particularly the 2nd sentence) is written in a way that tells the reader this is happening now, it's ongoing. That was my point. Yes I realize you were summarizing. I read your summary, went back to the article, and said "Hold on.....uh-uh, no, not happening." That's all.

6. Collapse Details

???? ???? in Ronald MacDonald's Home Town, and once a Duck always a Duck.
    Meanwhile...

After Salazar Ban, Nike Shuts Down Oregon Project

https://www.runnersworld.com/news/am...-ebgB6u8olRF7Q

7. Collapse Details

I suspect no matter what happens now....Salazar's coaching days are over...

8. Collapse Details

Quote Originally Posted by Conor Dary View Post
    Meanwhile...

After Salazar Ban, Nike Shuts Down Oregon Project

https://www.runnersworld.com/news/am...-ebgB6u8olRF7Q
    Setting aside Salazar’s issues, will this hurt T&F? Will those athletes just gravitate elsewhere?

9. Collapse Details

I suspect they all wander to Bowerman TC ...

Meanwhile the Nytimes has more today...

https://www.nytimes.com/2019/10/10/s...t-salazar.html

10. Collapse Details

"Setting aside whether or not these athletes actually do have “low” thyroid, we can ask if thyroid treatment is actually offering a performance benefit when administered to patients with a TSH between what appears to be Brown’s cutoff of 2 and the standard cutoff of 4 or 5. Certainly Brown thinks so, or he wouldn’t be prescribing thyroid replacement. "
    https://sciencebasedmedicine.org/is-...nhancing-drug/

Dr. Jeffrey S. Brown, Salazar associate whose name has come up lately for obvious reasons.

The article did not raise these issues and they are important, given the question above :

The way to know if synthetic thryoid medication confers a performance benefit is to look at a patient's/patients' red blood cell counts and related parameters and hemoglobin, because if they respond unusually positively upon starting treatment, the answer is yes. I have hypothyroidism, and was using a tougher threshold than Brown proposes (the more typical level starting at 4, not 2) and had been anemic so much of the year before that my doctor told me to drop out of a triathlon event. A year of iron supplementation barely took me into decent levels of red counts and hemoglobin. 2 WEEKS of levothyroxine at the lowest possible dose increased red blood cells and hemoglobin to levels never seen in my bloodwork, as in "not even close". And yes I noticed the difference when running 10km, in a major way.