Facts, Not Fiction

Page 16 of 16 FirstFirst ... 6141516
  1. Collapse Details

Quote Originally Posted by jazzcyclist View Post
    Why would you expect that? Was her experience any different than running an open 400 from an outer lane (eg. Wade Van Niekerk in 2016)?
    Vastly different. In the open final she had her rivals not far behind her and got overtaken pretty early, so she did have someone to gauge off of for most of the race. Not nearly the same as running the entire 400 40 meters in front of everyone.

Quote Originally Posted by jazzcyclist View Post
    I agree that some people are mentally unsuited for time-trialing but if a team has that sort of personnel it shouldn't use a MMFF order, which requires 3 legs to time-trial.
    Which just confirms my point that it was the wrong order to use.
    Było smaszno, a jaszmije smukwijne...

2. Collapse Details

Quote Originally Posted by Powell View Post
    Vastly different. In the open final she had her rivals not far behind her and got overtaken pretty early, so she did have someone to gauge off of for most of the race. Not nearly the same as running the entire 400 40 meters in front of everyone.
    But I'm talking about running an open 400 from lane 8. Van Niekerk ran blind for the entire race when he set the WR so it can been done. Based on the reported splits in both relay finals, Swiety seemed to perform slightly better alone than against competition. Furthermore, some people run worse on relays than they do in open races and some run better (eg. Allyson Felix). I trust that you're more familiar with the Polish runners than I am, so perhaps you knew going in that Baumgart wouldn't excel with this order, but I don't believe the MFFM line-up is the be-all-and-end-all for every team.

Quote Originally Posted by Powell View Post
    Which just confirms my point that it was the wrong order to use.
    What confirms your point???
    Last edited by jazzcyclist; 10-09-2019 at 10:09 PM.

3. Collapse Details

Administrator
    Quote Originally Posted by AFelixFan View Post
    49.2 is pretty good!
    Naser has now been changed to 49.1 (just for the record)

4. Collapse Details

I wonder how this event would have played out if it had been held the second weekend. Surely, the Bahamas, the 2017 world champions, would have fielded a team. Who would have been the likely teammates of Gardiner and Miller? How would the U.S. have substituted in this scenario?