Facts, Not Fiction

Page 3 of 16 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast
  1. Collapse Details

What could really be fun (but also dangerous , I admit) is completely randomized draw. Pick buttons out of a bag. Draw straws. Bingo drawing.

That would make it different enough.

2. Collapse Details

Quote Originally Posted by Pakilo View Post
    Naser could get injured there.
    Nasser really showed her inexperience as a relay runner. Early she cut off another competitor, stayed on rail along finishing straight when she was in about 5th place, then stopped at finish, and got run over.

3. Collapse Details

any good splits ?

4. Collapse Details

Quote Originally Posted by Pakilo View Post
    This event is boring to tears.
    With all teams running in the same sex order, it's no more and no less boring than a single-sex 4x400.
    Było smaszno, a jaszmije smukwijne...

5. Collapse Details

Quote Originally Posted by Powell View Post
    Japan was the only team which reversed that order and it didn't work out well.
    This is the biggest problem I have with the event. Of course the Japanese guy cleaned the clock of the pack of women, and then the Japanese woman was easily run down by the pack of guys. In both cases the women looked weak in comparison, and that's my problem with it.

6. Collapse Details

Nonsense is nonsense however disguised. The mixed relay IS nonsense!

7. Collapse Details

I might not have written 'nonsense' to describe it, but I do agree -- it is superfluous. These championships (and the World Relays, too) already have interesting high-quality 4x400 events. This adds a slightly less interesting version of the same. I would rather see a mixed sprint medley. But whatever -- it's a track meet, and I do enjoy such things in any case.

8. Collapse Details

Only 4 teams ran faster than the women's world record (3:15.17). 5 faster than the American record.

9. Collapse Details

I've enjoyed some (but not all) of the mixed events I've seen. I agree that it was hard to get too excited by a race with all the good teams running M-F-F-M and none of them running with their best 400 meter runners. I wouldn't abandon the idea, though. I think it has possibilities. Random-draw ordering might make things interesting.

10. Collapse Details

They just proved on world stage that Mixed 4xanything is a bad idea,, maybe a cute diversion on an elementary school play day.