Facts, Not Fiction

Page 16 of 16 FirstFirst ... 6141516
  1. Collapse Details

Quote Originally Posted by gh View Post
    neon? strobes? how boring!

this is the answer

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nqVsHeY3H9w
    That is the best idea for building interest in the sport, yet! Bring on the T&F X-Games!!

2. Collapse Details

watching and listening to Brittany Brown's post race interviews and IAAF press conference, isn't she delightful! I'm obviously familiar with DAS and Kambundji, both lovely women, but had never seen Brown before. She was funny, humble, really sweet...she'll have no trouble getting a sponsor soon.

3. Collapse Details

Quote Originally Posted by KevinR View Post
    That is the best idea for building interest in the sport, yet! Bring on the T&F X-Games!!
    While we are at it, can we fill the long jump pit with snakes and alligators up to 8 meters and use a flaming bar for the vertical jumps.

I remember a meet a while ago where they put bullseyes in the field for the javelin. Replace them with land mines and Iíll be into it. Also maybe allow competitors to use drones to down the longer throws in flight?

4. Collapse Details

Administrator
    in about '70, T&FN ran an ongoing sequence of short bits about the "Ridiculous Olympics," which included, as I recall off the top of my head, a LeMans start for the sprints, going under the hurdles, etc., etc.

5. Collapse Details

Quote Originally Posted by highjumpfan View Post
    While we are at it, can we fill the long jump pit with snakes and alligators up to 8 meters and use a flaming bar for the vertical jumps.
    That's an apples and helicopters comparison. We're just talking presentation; the light show in no away affects the way the competition is conducted.
    Było smaszno, a jaszmije smukwijne...

6. Collapse Details

I was referring to the video GH posted about flaming hammer throws. Not the light show presentation.

I actually enjoy that especially since my 5 year old daughter was excited to watch the racers afterwards.