Facts, Not Fiction

Page 15 of 16 FirstFirst ... 513141516 LastLast
  1. Collapse Details

Quote Originally Posted by CookyMonzta View Post
    Didn't Kambundji win an indoor World Champs medal?
    My fault if thats the case.

2. Collapse Details

Quote Originally Posted by The Flying Pigdog View Post
    As a fan, it would be really hard to cheer against DAS no matter what country you personally root for. Very classy. Despite the absences of the other top names, she deserves all the credit in the world - I don't think anyone, except SMU, was going to be beating her tonight.
    I remember first meeting her at the World Juniors in Eugene in '14 and she was just as classy, humble and engaging then. We media quickly realized that she was a great interview. Have enjoyed seeing her continue to progress since.
    Last edited by steveu; 10-02-2019 at 09:40 PM.

3. Collapse Details

Quote Originally Posted by gm View Post
    Hard to dim the lights in the middle of the hammer final, I would think.
    But it would have made things pretty interesting........

4. Collapse Details
    Talking
    Quote Originally Posted by AFelixFan View Post
    Yeah, her 100m performance has probably bolstered her confidence, so I think DAS should take this pretty easily. Probably 21.9x with a three-tenths winning margin.
    Pretty good prognostication!

5. Collapse Details

Quote Originally Posted by gm View Post
    Hard to dim the lights in the middle of the hammer final, I would think.
    Neon throwing implements with strobe lights are currently being made for 2021.

6. Collapse Details

Administrator
    neon? strobes? how boring!

this is the answer

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nqVsHeY3H9w

7. Collapse Details

So happy for Asher-Smith! She comes off as such a darling, "track's sweetheart," I like to call her. She showed a lot of promise in Beijing 2015 and London 2017, but was either a bit too young and in a crazy fast race (in the case of the former) or coming off a season where she was sidelined for some time by injury (in the case of the latter). It always brings me joy when juniors with tonnes of potential realise it.

So she's now the reigning European 100 and 200 champion, world 200 champion, and world 100 silver-medalist. I actually think she could be Olympic 200 champion in Tokyo to complete the set...though she technically would have to wait until 2022 to get another stab at a Commonwealth Games title.

8. Collapse Details

Quote Originally Posted by AFelixFan View Post
    So happy for Asher-Smith! She comes off as such a darling, "track's sweetheart," I like to call her. She showed a lot of promise in Beijing 2015 and London 2017, but was either a bit too young and in a crazy fast race (in the case of the former) or coming off a season where she was sidelined for some time by injury (in the case of the latter). It always brings me joy when juniors with tonnes of potential realise it.

So she's now the reigning European 100 and 200 champion, world 200 champion, and world 100 silver-medalist. I actually think she could be Olympic 200 champion in Tokyo to complete the set...though she technically would have to wait until 2022 to get another stab at a Commonwealth Games title.
    There is an elegant grace to her. I think she surpasses even Allyson Felix in that respect and is almost approaching the charisma of SAFP. Happy for her. You root for the greats regardless of nationality. If she continues on this path she will be one of the greats.

9. Collapse Details

I was really rooting for her. Iím really happy for her. Five different counties winning the 100, 200, 400, 800 and 400mH on the women side. Plenty for a lot of different people to cheer for. I think the 100mH is going to Jam or US no doubt though.

You canít not be happy for Dina here.

10. Collapse Details

Glad to see Kambundji medal.

Since they let 9 athletes run in the 110H, they should have let her run in the 100m final.