Facts, Not Fiction

Page 24 of 32 FirstFirst ... 142223242526 ... LastLast
  1. Collapse Details

Miller-Uibo must be thinking, "dammit, I should have run the 200!"

2. Collapse Details

Quote Originally Posted by The Flying Pigdog View Post
    Also MJP topped out at 21.99 and even 22.0x during her magical 96 season. Nasser has amazing speed endurance rather than flat out foot speed, at least to me. Felix is a 21.7 runner but go nowhere close to sub 49. Numbers are indeed weird, you cant just make blanket comparisons imo.
    Speed is indeed different. Felix has also run 47 on a relay, so we already know her 400m open time indicates she had more potential there.

I feel like Kratch is a bit different being that she is a 1:53 800m runner. Probably relied on more strength than the others.

But you’re right. No blanket formula here. A lot of factors at play.

But the eye test from today, would lead me to believe she can run a really fast 200m. Could be wrong though.

3. Collapse Details

Quote Originally Posted by trackCanuck View Post
    That wasn't the point. Beamon's performance was esque-ish because it went so far beyond anything anyone had ever done, including himself. Naser kept going as she has since 2016, and if we ignore the Ks, she improved on Perec by 0.11. That is hardly esque-ish in any way.
    The point you seemed to be making is that Naser is on 1 second/year improvement curve that will continue. What I'm saying is that a 0.94s PR for an athlete who is already at 49.08 is Beamoneqse. A 0.3s or 0.4s PR would consistent with a smooth trajectory.

4. Collapse Details

Quote Originally Posted by 18.99s View Post
    Miller-Uibo must be thinking, "dammit, I should have run the 200!"
    ...and lost to DAS instead
    Było smaszno, a jaszmije smukwijne...

5. Collapse Details

Quote Originally Posted by jazzcyclist View Post
    The point you seemed to be making is that Naser is on 1 second/year improvement curve that will continue. What I'm saying is that a 0.94s PR for an athlete who is already at 49.08 is Beamoneqse. A 0.3s or 0.4s PR would consistent with a smooth trajectory.
    How is that a smooth trajectory? She improved her PR by 0.80 last year, and 1.0 the year before. 0.96 is right in the same ballpark. 0.3 or 0.4 would be topping out. I didn't say anything about the future, just about what she's done up to now. I think we're just making different comparisons.

6. Collapse Details

Breathtaking performance. She has the most fluid stride of any women running today. What a race by all of the ladies!

7. Collapse Details

Francis sets a PR, 0.31 faster than she ran to win the last worlds, yet only good enough for 5th here.

8. Collapse Details

Quote Originally Posted by ATK View Post
    I'M confident Francis will improve her PB. By how much, not sure, will it be enough not sure. But shes my pick for bronze. Looked the best to me in the semis from the non SMU/Naser group.
    Well part of my prediction for Francis was pretty accurate!

Still in awe of this race.

9. Collapse Details

I have a lot of respect for an athlete (Nasser) who is willing to change her race pattern, in the biggest race of the year. Instead of doing the same thing she had been doing, she decided to go out hard, and put her self in race (even in the lead at 300). Seemed like Miller Uibo ran more conservative than usual. I think she hurt herself by not running more 400's this year. She wasn't confident she could go hard early.

10. Collapse Details

Quote Originally Posted by _Jay View Post
    Speed is indeed different. Felix has also run 47 on a relay, so we already know her 400m open time indicates she had more potential there.

I feel like Kratch is a bit different being that she is a 1:53 800m runner. Probably relied on more strength than the others.

But you’re right. No blanket formula here. A lot of factors at play.

But the eye test from today, would lead me to believe she can run a really fast 200m. Could be wrong though.
    I think she could give it a go and run probably 22.1-22.2 but I don't think she's sub 22...and definitely not in DAS territory. 21.8 is very select company.