Facts, Not Fiction

Page 20 of 32 FirstFirst ... 10181920212230 ... LastLast
  1. Collapse Details

Am I the only one who's thinking Ruth Jebet and Kemi Adekoya?

Sorry for pooping on your "We wanna fast times PARTY"...

2. Collapse Details

Quote Originally Posted by t_monk View Post
    What did I just see....
    The communist-bloc stranglehold on the low-48s completely broken. Though it took 23 years, Marie-José Pérec (48.25, now #4) is no longer a lonely anomaly.
    Last edited by CookyMonzta; 10-03-2019 at 09:49 PM.

3. Collapse Details

Quote Originally Posted by Paced View Post
    Depends on whether the rounds overlap, which I'll have to check. The 200m final was after the 400m final in 2017 yet she underperformed in both.
    Looking at the schedule, your right a double is not possible considering she is no longer as dominant as we expected.

Day 4 morning: 200m heats
    Day 4 evening: 200m Semis
    Day 5 morning: 400m heats
    Day 5 evening: 200m final

I think she is working to get it changed though last I heard.

4. Collapse Details

Llanfairpwllgwyngyllgogery- chwyrndrobwllllantysiliogogogoch, Wales
    Arguably the two best 400 runners in the history of the sport will be going at each other in their prime for the next 5-7 years. Enjoy folks.
    There are no strings on me

5. Collapse Details

Quote Originally Posted by Weights&Shoes View Post
    Will be great to see. I hope so too.
    Koch ran 22.4 in her 47.60, which even back then I thought was bat-out-of-hell fast. I suspect 22.8 may be able to take her down.

6. Collapse Details

As big a Naser fan as I am, I didn't predict this. It has to compete with Muhammad's 52.20 for POY. She's still only 21! And we haven't seen the 400h final yet

7. Collapse Details

Quote Originally Posted by CookyMonzta View Post
    Koch ran 22.4 in her 47.60, which even back then I thought was bat-out-of-hell fast. I suspect 22.8 may be able to take her down.
    Once upon a time on this board, there was a thread called "can you have a wind-aided 400" which took the uninitiated out of their comfort zones, but yielded some insight into why some consider that 47.60 to have had more than a little extra help.

8. Collapse Details

Quote Originally Posted by _Jay View Post
    Thank You! Why do we have to find something wrong with SMU’s race? She ran beautifully, and looked to execute well in strategy and in a HUGE pb. Naser ran the fastest time in 35 yrs. she was just better. That’s it.
    Totally agree.

9. Collapse Details

Quote Originally Posted by guru View Post
    Arguably the two best 400 runners in the history of the sport will be going at each other in their prime for the next 5-7 years. Enjoy folks.
    Let's hope you're right ... but one never knows when the career peak comes, given all the factors that can enter in, i.e. will Wayde van Niekerk ever be able to come back and get that sub-43 that he was on the cusp of three years ago?

But no doubt the women's 400 looks awesome right now and let's hope these stellar women continue to progress.

10. Collapse Details

Quote Originally Posted by CookyMonzta View Post
    If she gets a nice bump in performance next year, Allyson Felix is going to have to sweat just to make the team, let alone try to be the oldest under 49.00 (Kratochvílová 47.99 at 32 and 6˝ months, her last sub-49.0), territory she has achieved many times but only on relays.
    Whilst her return this year has been impressive in the context of her birth, Felix is not in the same territory as the gold and silver medalists here, not in the individual. They're both a second faster than her, and much younger. As doe her US colleagues, which you were referring to I know, yourw right, these are very talented young women who will be hungry for more next year.