Facts, Not Fiction

Page 16 of 32 FirstFirst ... 6141516171826 ... LastLast
  1. Collapse Details

The real world record.

2. Collapse Details

Quote Originally Posted by The Flying Pigdog View Post
    I agree, I think SMU never thought Naser could go so fast over the first 300m and have enough to win. SMU ran a great race, Naser was just a little bit better. Makes you wonder about lane draws, I think if SMU was inside Naser, she probably runs off her and wins in the homestretch.
    Also the lane draw meant the first time SMU probably saw Naser was on the final bend so she had to make a choice react or assume that Naser couldn't keep that up and would die in the home stretch. Naser was fading in the final 30m and SMU was catching her but there wasn't enough track left.

3. Collapse Details

It is a pretty big surprise, especially the time, but it is not a big upset in my mind because those two were both head and shoulders above the rest.

So how many points is this worth for the top two, not they actually need the points (although SMU did not have enough competitions to have a place in the ranking).

4. Collapse Details

Quote Originally Posted by tm71 View Post
    She still has that look 10 mins later
    She started smiling a few minutes after the race, but in a dejected sort of way.
    Było smaszno, a jaszmije smukwijne...

5. Collapse Details

Gotta hand it to Naser though, she ran so fast over the first 200m and certainly didn't run out of gas in the homestretch, a special talent.

6. Collapse Details

Quote Originally Posted by scottmitchell74 View Post
    Third All-Time to some mid-80's E. German gals?? Truly incredible!!
    Behind Marita Koch and Jarmila Kratochvilova (TCH)

7. Collapse Details

Quote Originally Posted by ATK View Post
    Absolutely insane. Amazing race. Naser definitely had the advantage being on the inside, which I think decided the race. I honestly thought SMU would catch her down the straight but it didnt happen. I feel like I cant say SMU under performed. She obliterated her personal best which was already in the 48's

Its insane to think that 2 women are in reach of 47 seconds! SMU is only 25, Naser is 21!

And behind them! Jackson 49.47, Jonathas 49.60, Francis 49.61. One of the deepest races outside of 1996!
    SMU performed wonderfully, as you say she obliterated her best ever time. Naser just was riding an invisible rocket and obliterated her best time even more than SMU did. Roll on Tokyo I say.

8. Collapse Details

Quote Originally Posted by Big Tusk View Post
    Wow. The look on SMU's face realising she went under 48"4 and lost.
    That was a great shot of utter disbelief indeed! What a race ... can't believe all those sub-50s!

9. Collapse Details

Quote Originally Posted by Juicy News View Post
    Meh I don't think SMU can win regardless of the lane draw.
    Disagree. You swap their lanes and it's quite possible Naser can't tee off SMU and runs a more conservative first half while SMU just gauges her race better, especially if the goal is to win the race.

Regardless though, Naser got it right and SMU ran an enormous PB. Just an amazing race.

10. Collapse Details

Quote Originally Posted by Paced View Post

What does SMU do now in regards to event choice?
    Stick to both.

Michael Johnson broke it down perfectly a few moments ago on BBC. SMU made the normal 99% right decision running an even paced 400. Just so happened that 1% struck tonight and Nasser going out hard and showcasing her overall strength won.

He mentioned if SMU went harder the first 200 the finish would've been tight, SMU would've ran a faster time and potentially won.