Facts, Not Fiction

Page 27 of 32 FirstFirst ... 172526272829 ... LastLast
  1. Collapse Details

Quote Originally Posted by t_monk View Post
    I love a gutsy run like that. You know now that everyone will rethink how they are running because of what Naser did. I expect more persons to be outright gunning it from the get go in their races.
    If a bunch of women start trying to mimic Naser, I expect most of them to implode. I don't think anybody that's good enough to make the world championship final is afraid of pain, because they couldn't handle the necessary training if they were. However, everyone of them has imploded at some point in their careers, and so it's understandable that they would want to avoid it.

2. Collapse Details

Fantastic race. First 5 with PBs.

3. Collapse Details

Llanfairpwllgwyngyllgogery- chwyrndrobwllllantysiliogogogoch, Wales
    Quote Originally Posted by jazzcyclist View Post
    The 400 is a zero-sum game. Any extra energy expended in one part of the race isn't available in other parts of the race. If Miller had run Naser's race instead of her own, she wouldn't have finished as strong as she did, and she may have even run slower, so I can't blame for wanting to avoid what happened to her two years ago.
    With where her 200 is these days(not to mention her 300 WR) she can afford a rich early pace and still come home strong. I have no doubt she's capable of going under 48, and probably would have yesterday had she been the one doing the chasing from the gun.
    There are no strings on me

4. Collapse Details

It's easy to say.

5. Collapse Details

Llanfairpwllgwyngyllgogery- chwyrndrobwllllantysiliogogogoch, Wales
    Quote Originally Posted by Juicy News View Post
    It's easy to say.
    Sure. But like I said she had A LOT in the tank on that final 100.
    There are no strings on me

6. Collapse Details

Wow, I think that just may have been the greatest race I've ever seen.

It's been nine hours and I still can't believe it. Naser ran what is effectively the actual WR, and she led by some margin at 300m! Miller-Uibo reacted quickly when she saw how far back she was, but Naser had something left in the home-straight and held her off.

I honestly thought this race would have been won in 48.5. I was fairly confident that Naser's ceiling was 48.7 this year, and that the mixed 4x4 rounds may have even pushed her time to a 48.9.

How do you run 48.37 and lose? This race was insane. I can't wait to see these two duke it out in Tokyo. Naser is fearless and I suspected that that lioness courage of hers would see her put on a strong performance, but I didn't expect her to win, much less go 48.14.

Jackson ran a good PR, but I think she's even better than 49.47 and should be able to go sub-49 next year. Jonathas and Francis ran well, too.

This whole race was just insane. It'll take some time to sink in.

7. Collapse Details

Quote Originally Posted by ATK View Post
    Why does Naser only get "WL" next to her name and not the "AR" in the official results?
    For some reason IAAF considers WL to be superior to AR which I consider to be odd. Never quite understood why they don't write both though.

8. Collapse Details

Quote Originally Posted by Weights&Shoes View Post
    Watching it again in amazement. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rXgV4hslU74

What really has me is Nasser looking totally fine after the race. That plus SMU's stunned face for a good while.

I love sports.

I've now seen live 21.6, 48.1, 40.8 (4x1), 12.20, plus 10.6.
    I'm guessing from this record you live in UK and not that you had to travel for two, including what was just Diamond League, right?

9. Collapse Details

By the way, what Naser just did to me is how Felix should do when running the 400. For me if you can run a 400 relay leg as fast as she does she can go 48.low if she gets her race tactic well. I am excited for the women 400 with the likes of Naser, SMU, Jackson, Francis and Jonathas. You can expect a lot of really gutsy runs. No pussyfooting around a la what Ohuguru used to do.

We’re going to have more people trying to do these gutsy runs knowing that there are easily 5 persons who can (if they get their race just perfect with a gutsy run) they can run a 48.xx.

I genuinely think Jackson, Francis, Irby, Felix and Jonathas can all go 48.xx if they’re fit, ready and willing to run a gutsy race.

10. Collapse Details

I'll repeat a few things I've said before, only in one post:
    Naser runs as fast as she needs to on the circuit.
    SMU should have run more 400s this year
    SMU should have raced Naser on the circuit prior to Doha this year

On race pattern, the stats clearly show SMU got it slightly off, her middle part of the race was too conservative for the form she was in. The way she was frantically running after Naser in the home straight, she should have been closer.
    This isnt taking anything away from Naser's amazing run, we're just analysing the race, as some of us like to do. I think Nasers race was perfect, whereas SMUs wasnt.